Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2019, 05:51 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

LED Upgrade

I would like to up grade 16 of my incandescent bulbs to led, they are T-10 bulbs, wheres should I purchase them from, natural light or white light
How many lumens?
Old 04-18-2019, 06:50 PM   #2
Site Team

I like the ones I got from Command. As far light, that's a personal choice.
The Lights — Command Electronics
Lloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:46 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

I purchased mine on eBay over eight years ago, no issues, no failures. Can't beat the price.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:04 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

I bought mine on eBay via slow boat from China. Very cheap and few failures. I think they have figured the manufacturing out so they are all pretty good, no need to go high dollar. Buy a few extras and still save money.

The more yellow ones give a nice ambiance like incandescents but if you want to see what you're doing or reading, you probably want the daylight color but avoid the really blue shades.

I left the dining table light incandescent for ambiance and for the rest, the brightest daylight hue I could find so I could see. It is a personal decision based largely, I suspect, on how old your eyes are.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:06 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks everyone for the replies, I ended up doing the eBay thing, upgraded all my lights for around $20.00
Hard to tell in the daylight, I'll check them tonight and see how much light they put out
Old 04-23-2019, 03:57 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

i also added some of these in certain fixtures like over the table, and main area, and bathroom. ( https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0761TSXF4/...v_ov_lig_dp_it ) but as others mentioned there all pretty good today. Today a person can turn on every light in the trailer and use less power than a few bulbs use to use..
Old 05-03-2019, 01:09 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

i bought my led lights on Ebay..... old ones just unplugged and new ones plugged in..... can't remember numbers on them.... but was easy.... pull light out, look for number on it, then look on amazon, ebay etc...... i will say, not knowing any better, i got the "bright" ones..... a stark bright white..... i prefer the "soft white", and will change them again, one day........ amazing how hot the old bulbs got, led's give off no heat at all.
2011 27' RLX
gregtx is offline   Reply With Quote