Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2017, 08:49 AM   #1
New Camper

Leveling Jacks

1994 pace arrow. Can anyone advise me on what may be the issue. when I put my jacks down the right rear did not come down. I have three on my motor home the front and left rear came down no problem when I hit the button for all jacks to go down at once. but only the two went down. the right rear stayed up. I can manually move the jack with a pry bar so I know its not stuck. Any suggestions on where to start looking for the issue would be great thanks for your time.
llamsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:33 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Not real familiar with auto jacks. Are they electric or Hydraulic? If electric, Try following the voltage to the motor to see if you have a loose or broken connection. If hydraulic, Then I am out of my realm.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:15 AM   #3
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
Not real familiar with auto jacks. Are they electric or Hydraulic? If electric, Try following the voltage to the motor to see if you have a loose or broken connection. If hydraulic, Then I am out of my realm.
Stan. I do have a hydraulic tank for the Jacks, but the switches I believe have to be electrical also to power them up and down. And to run them individually which is an option on the control panel on the dash. Haven't had time a of yet to look for the issue. But wanted to see if anyone had any ideas what could be the problem or where to start looking first. Thanks again.
llamsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 03:43 PM   #4
Gone Traveling

Have you checked the fluid? With all hydraulics (slides, levelers, any thing hydraulic as they use the same fluid reservoir) retracted the fluid should within about a 1/4" from the top. Otherwise you may have the line to that leveler plugged or kinked or possibly just a back leveler. If it's a bad leveler don't buy a new one ($500-600) from the dealer, find a hydraulic shop locally & have it rebuilt ($100-250).
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote