Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

If you read the little Lippert slide manual it it basically says there's nothing to lubricate. If you call their support line you get the same info. If you go to the Lippert web site and click support and then LIP sheets, SURPRISE !! Lip sheet 0003 tells you what to lubricate. I found this out after my slide motor for the living room slide died. The replacement motor (About $480.-) was defective, but after spending an hour and a half taking both new and old motors apart, I was able to come up with one working unit.

2005 Cf29CK with all the goodies and hydraulic disk brakes
Squaredancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:04 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Went searching for the link: http://www.lci1.com/LIP/0003.pdf

2009 Cruiser 30SK Patriot

2008 GMC Sierra 2500

Pullrite Superglide

https://i809.photobucket.com/albums/z...dcopilot-1.jpg
LGMI_Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:36 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Why did you take the replacement apart? Was that easier than returning it? Any difficulty (IE: Lesson's Learned) that you care to pass on concerning the removal or installation?
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:35 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan
Why did you take the replacement apart? Was that easier than returning it? Any difficulty (IE: Lesson's Learned) that you care to pass on concerning the removal or installation?
Had no choice due to time constraints (getting ready to leave on a trip)I couldn't return it. Here was the problem. The motor housing is supposed to have a threaded mounting hole that fastens the motor to the actuator. There were no threads in the hole. It was nice and clean and smooth.
1. Decided to switch old motor housing for new. Problem...

2. Old motor housing did not fit 'identical motor' replacement. Solved this by...

3. Removed old motor mounting plate and installed on new motor. Problem solved except...

4. Tried testing slide and found that wires on new motor were reversed, i.e. old motor had black wire going to black wire and red wire to red wire. New motor needed to have red wire going to black and black going to red.

Quite frankly for $ 480.- I expect a quality product, after all it's just a motor and a couple of gears. It can't be more than $ 50.- wholesale. Then again it's Lippert. Enough said.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:40 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGMI_Camping
Went searching for the link: http://www.lci1.com/LIP/0003.pdf
I'm not sure why it won't come up that way. You'll just have to do it the old fashioned way, i.e. got to lci1.com, click on support, click on LIP sheets, then click on 003.

Old 12-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squaredancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan
Had no choice due to time constraints (getting ready to leave on a trip)I couldn't return it. Here was the problem. The motor housing is supposed to have a threaded mounting hole that fastens the motor to the actuator. There were no threads in the hole. It was nice and clean and smooth.
1. Decided to switch old motor housing for new. Problem...

2. Old motor housing did not fit 'identical motor' replacement. Solved this by...

3. Removed old motor mounting plate and installed on new motor. Problem solved except...

4. Tried testing slide and found that wires on new motor were reversed, i.e. old motor had black wire going to black wire and red wire to red wire. New motor needed to have red wire going to black and black going to red.

Quite frankly for $ 480.- I expect a quality product, after all it's just a motor and a couple of gears. It can't be more than $ 50.- wholesale. Then again it's Lippert. Enough said.
Any other sources for the motor other than Lippert??

Is it possible to have the electric motor rebuilt?
pulpwood007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:53 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

I was thinking of carrying a spare slide motor but with the cost and possible hassles installing it, I guess I will wait till its my turn. Thanks for the feedback.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote