Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2011, 01:37 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Help! We plan on taking our Zinger 26BH out this weekend for it's maiden voyage/shakedown cruise and of course one of the main things to do is de-winterize. In my panic to do research on how to successfully dewinterize I've read somethreads that mention opening low point drains...What are those and where are they located? Do I have to open them to drain the pink stuff? I figured I would just load up on fresh water, flush everything into the grey tank, dump that and be done... Am I a naive, uninformedrookie? I tell you what, I don't recall being this nervous and unsure of myself when my first child was born!!! LOL

EDIT: One other thing, looking at the forecast for the weekend and the few days after shows nighttime temps in the mid to high 20s to low 30s. Am I de-winterizing too soon?Edited by: stl_tl

2011 Zinger 26BH

2010 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V8 Hemi

https://i54.tinypic.com/2eounuo.jpg

stl_tl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:20 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Your low point drains should be up underneath the trailer. There should be two pieces of tubing with either caps and/or drain valves on them. (you will also see one by itself for the fresh water tank drain) I would definitely open up the low point drains to make sure the pink stuff is all flushed out. You should probably sanitize the water system while you are at it.

As far as the freezing temps, I am going to be de-winterizing next weekend for an upcoming hunting trip.(not thatI'm excited to go or anything) After the trip I will drain the fresh water tank, water heater and blow out my lines to get as much water out as possible, and if it looks like we are going to see any more freezing temps I will run my furnace on the lowest temp setting overnight on the cold nights.

https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...rawberry-1.jpg
rock1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:49 AM   #3
Site Team

I don't know exactly where your LP drains are, but here is a couple pics of mine. Maybe this will help you locate them if you can see what they look like.

">
This a pic of the water hook up area. The 2 plastic lines with the 1/4 turn valves are the low point drain valves. They go thru the floor and this what they look like under the trailer.
">
They are the 2 small plastic lines you can see sticking thru.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:33 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

STL--what you said would work, however it would take a considerable amount of time. You would be better off finding the low point drains, (There is one for the cold side and one for the hot side, they will be located next to each other), Open those, have a bucket near by and let them drain into the bucket, if possible blow compressed air into the system thru the fresh water inlet port to push out even more antifreeze. Put low point drain caps back on then hook up a water hose and flush every facuet out, then remove hose and drain the low point drains again. Put the caps back on, open the bypass on the water heater, connect the hose back up and you areready to go.

Flyone
Old 03-22-2011, 06:05 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Mine on my TT in my siganture were in the panel where the hot water heater is, way back by the outside wall. Hard to get to to turn for sure, so mine were by my water heater.

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:46 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

On my Zinger they were located on the bottom of the unit near the wheels. you had to unscrew the caps to let it drain

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:50 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

on my zinger they are on the right side underneath the trailer below where the water heater drains are. Look for 2 little whit caps extending down.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Thanks to all that have replied so far. Stopped by the storage lot after work and climbed underneath but only saw one thing that might be a LPD but I'm not sure. Should there be more than one? Here's a couple of pix. Sorry about the quality. Also, should there be a cap of some sort on it?? Looking at the second pic It looks like it's black inside of something!

Edited by: stl_tl

2011 Zinger 26BH

Old 03-22-2011, 11:01 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Flyone, are you saying that I should do that (drain via the low point drains) instead of the way I mentioned? Will that alone drain all of the anti freeze?

2011 Zinger 26BH

Old 03-22-2011, 12:37 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

That looks like one of them, that cap unscrews and the water drains out there shoud be two more there somewhere

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:36 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

On my Cruiser CT31RL, they are located under where the outside shower is. I have to remove the bottom drawer in the closet within the bedroom to access the valves to drain the lines.

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:50 AM   #12
Family Vacation Member

STL--you dont have to but I would. It will save you a little time but most of all save you from yourwater tasting funny for a little while. The pic you posted looks like the drain for the fresh water tank. It should have a cap that would close it off. The low point drains would look just like that but there would be two of them together. One on the coldwater line and one on the hotwater line. They actually drain the pipes, the one in the picture drains the fresh water holding tank (at least that what it appears to be). When in use they all need to be capped.

Flyone