Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2016, 12:32 PM   #1
New Camper

Question main slide stuck

Hello,newbie here. Our family has a 2011 Hampton dest/trailer. Never a problem till this spring. Al slides out except main living area. Motor activates all gears on travel arms meshed but slide wont go out. It seems free on non motor end, can move back and forth some on main bar. The main with the motor will not move at all.......Any ideas to solve this problem Thanks in advance
bones64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:39 PM   #2
Site Team

Have you looked in our Document section at the top of the page? There is info in there on the different slide mechanisms.

CrossRoads RV Family Forum - Library
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 07:09 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Mine had a problem also, I was away from my camper for a month, returned and could not get it open all the way out. Took it to the Lippert Factory service center. Turned out the slide out box was not square and the gears mechanism wore out early and jumped track. They found the problem, rebuilt the mechanism and shored it up square. Hopefully you may just need to reset the electronic control mechanism. Give us an update.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:33 AM   #4
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCFR34 View Post
Mine had a problem also, I was away from my camper for a month, returned and could not get it open all the way out. Took it to the Lippert Factory service center. Turned out the slide out box was not square and the gears mechanism wore out early and jumped track. They found the problem, rebuilt the mechanism and shored it up square. Hopefully you may just need to reset the electronic control mechanism. Give us an update.
It seems to be jammed at motor end. my wife just informed me she has found some steel wool in the corner of the slide and floor??????????
Old 05-01-2016, 10:36 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones64 View Post
It seems to be jammed at motor end. my wife just informed me she has found some steel wool in the corner of the slide and floor??????????
Or grinding remnants instead?

Bob and Better Half

2007 F-250 PSD, SW, CC, LB, 2WD
2006 TF32SS Cross Terrain Toy Hauler (sold)
Reese 16k slider
r2millers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:14 AM   #6
New Camper

I have no idea why or how. Its a 2011 and the slides have been in and out approx 12 times. After some more work i found the problem. The main bracket at the the motor was totally twisted and bent bad. The motor was almost pointing up and down instead of sideways. Had to take the bracket off,put in vise ,heated it then hit with a mini sledge to get it close to normal.Got all that done but i need a small weld, there are 2 small nibs on round casing that the bracket attaches too and one has sheared off,helps keep the motor from twisting i guess. The slide is out but what a ordeal. FYI......if you get a chance check the 2 main bolts for bracket.......MAKE SURE THEY ARE TIGHT, mine werent and checked the frt bedroom slide and they werent very tight as well. Thanks for the help, Edd