Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #1

Ok fellow campers. Lets share some of our embarrassing moments while camping.

I'll start with my uncle. While camping at Hungry Mother State Park in Virginia. He was leaving and stopped to dump the black tank. Which is in the same parking lot as the Ranger Station. He forgot to lock the sewer hose on. Yea. Dumped a full black tank full of s--t, right in the parking lot. They gave him a broom and scoop and said "Clean it up".

Unfortunately, mine also involved the black tank. Luckly I was at home. I had a Jayco 5er and had dumped before I left the campground. When we got home and backed into the building. I noticed brown liquid dripping from the dump pipe. I ask my wife; what is that? And like in a bad movie I walked over and took the cap off. Well, little did I know; not only had I left the black valve open, but I had a major clog-up that I didn't know about. You guessed it. It all came out on my white nike's and my white ankle socks. My wife thought it was real funny as I stood there gagging and heaving. (COME ON DON"T JUST READ,SHARE YOUR STORY)Edited by: Deputydog
Old 03-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to timscruiser
Well mine didn't have anything to do with the poop tank but it made ME feel like that !! I was on our way to San Antonio and got hungry so I saw what I thought was a McDonald's type with a drive that that went all the way around it was a big drive and trailer was only 26 ft. so I pulled in and over to one side and went in . We got ready to head out only to find the didn't go around SO that meant I had to turn around in the lot !! well I was doing just fine getting it backed around when I dead centered a light pole and came to a jarring stop Well that was theLAST trailer to be without a rear camera .

THE CONROYS MINI MOTEL ]]

<br /
timscruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

OK,,,several years ago "a friend of mine" took his TT to the car wash. Checked the width,,,,it was fine. Checked the height as I ( I mean he) pulled in, and it was fine.
What was not fine was the AC unit on top of the camper.

Pulled the hose assembly right off the roof of the car wash.
That was an expensive RV wash.
At least the car wash owner thought it was funny. As he ran to the bank with my check.

By the way, AC worked fine and barely had a scratch in it.

mnsunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

After an evening of campfire and cocktails, my wife and I were getting ready to turn in for the nite. I sat on the edge of the bed to remove my pants and fell backwards into the bedroom door. The door popped open and I proceded to fall out the door with my pants around my ankles. fortunately my lovely wife was able to grab my arms as I'm going out the door backwards. But.....My wife had already removed her top and was nude from the waist up! Now this must have looked like quite a site if you can picture it. Fortunately everyone else had gone to bed and nobody esle witnessed this.
We still laugh and is talked about around campfires to this day!
Chz hed campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

This is NOT of mine but one my father-in-law tells. He was sitting around the camp fire late one night when a young couple in a pop-up in the heat of a loving moment the self bed gave way and down they fell.

2006 GMC Duramax-Edge Evolution

2011 CT29RLX

Bikes,Canoe,toys,toys,toyz
we-canoe is offline   Reply With Quote