Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2010, 11:57 PM   #21
Family Vacation Member

"The water supply has always been intermittent when using the pump. Sometimes it worked good, sometimes not so much. When on hookups, everything worked great, with the exception of our mixing valve this year."

"Took the pump apart, everything looked like it was in very good condition. Took the suction line off and I am pretty sure that is where my problem is. It was very hard to suck water out of it. I don't have an air compressor with me, or I would have tried blowing it back. The line would move almost a foot total forward and back, but that didn't seem to have any affect on the pumps performance."

Suggestion,

Sounds like you have a blocked vent or collapsed hose. If you starve the diaphram pump you will get very weakflow withand it will take longer than normal to pressure up. The symptoms would be close to running out of water with the exception of air entering the system (Spitting Water).

Good Luck

Captain Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #22
Seasonal Camper

I definitely think my problem is between the fresh water tank and the pump. The flow is the same from every faucet, just was easier to show with the shower. The thing that bugs me is this morning, woke up in Helena MT Walmart, and I had a shower with actually decent pressure. It makes me consider a blockage floating around in the tank, gets caught sometimes? What does the pickup in the tank look like on our trailers? I've never seen inside?

SOB 5er
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Are you planning on a swing by the factory? They could really take that thing apart to find the issue.

The pickup is just a hose, kinda simple really.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #24
Site Team

The pu fitting is screwed into the side of the tank "about" 2in. off the bottom. It has a finger inside that has a screen type arrangement.
That is what mine has.----Had

The fitting with the black elbow is the one that goes in the tank. Opposite end is the screen.

">Edited by: Old Farmer
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #25
Family Vacation Member

Try checking your voltage on your pump while running water. Sometimes low or weak batteries can make you pull your hair out.
Captain Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #26
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78
Are you planning on a swing by the factory? They could really take that thing apart to find the issue.

The pickup is just a hose, kinda simple really.

While I would be quite interested to take a tour of the factory and get them to iron out my little problems, that is just too far for me to go. Roughly 1600 miles each way. Hope to get out that way some day, just so much to see everywhere!

SOB 5er
Old 05-18-2010, 04:34 PM   #27
Seasonal Camper

Got the water issue resolved. The line going from the fresh tank to the pump passed between the frame and the body of the trailer, it's a wonder we were able to get any water at all through there! Also had one of my rims crack. Odd place, almost right in the center behind the spokes. Covered by Lippert.

SOB 5er
Old 05-19-2010, 01:46 AM   #28
Full Time Camper

Glad to see you were able to fix the problem. Hopefully the issue and fix will get back to CR and not happen to someone else. The cracked rim is interesting. My rims were replaced under Warranty due to small cracks emanating from each lug bolt hole.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote