Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2019, 10:46 PM   #1
New Camper

Need a Feul Heater,any brand or advice?

Hi everyone,
I plan to install a air heater inside my trailer. There are two brands I am consider to buy,Planar and Belief parking heater. Any did this? Any advice?Does anyone know this Belief parking heater brand?Good or not?
Thanks
NikitaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:00 AM   #2
Site Team

Hello and welcome. If you put the camper you are working on it helps others to help you better. That said. I do not know a lot about them other when I was driving my truck had one and it worked so so. But with noise laws had to have it as you could not idle at night.

If you are going to heat your camper with this remember your water lines and tank are under the camper in the "underbelly" and it gets heat from the furnace to warm the lines and tank to help prevent freezing. So if you are running the furnace why the extra heater.

If you are going to use it as a "chill chaser" it would probably work but what is the cost compared to a plug in heater? Do they make a propane version? I see a 12 volt and diesel version.

I am sure that someone has done this so hopefully they will chime in.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 02:31 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I have not heard of those brands, but used a Webasto brand coolant and also a bunk air heater for 14 yrs in my own trucks. They perform as advertised and give lots of heat although on diesel fuel. Not sure what your intended fuel source would be in a trailer. Your propane furnace will be your best choice from an economic standpoint. Webasto and Espar are the big players in the heater market for trucks, offshore copies are unknown quality and performance.