Old 05-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #11
Seasonal Camper

Ours was a warranty fix, part ordered through crossroads. It is worth a call to see if it is covered. The picture is of the replacement mixer valve. The original was brass with a tan cap.

Like I said, you can bypass the mixer valve while you wait on parts. Just be careful that you don't jump into the shower before the temp has stabalized.

SOB 5er
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:37 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

Our mixing valve went bad on our 2008 Kingston also. I have heard of a lot of these valves failing after winterizing. I'm sure Atwood is aware of the problem but have not come forward with a recall. That being said, I did not want to cough up the $208.00 for a new valve only to have it fail next summer so I bypassed it. I put a shut off on the mixing valve line so no cold comes through. However now the water coming out is 160 degrees. I tested it coming out of the pressure relief valve. Way too hot. So I then swapped out the thermostat with an adjustable one for $28.00. http://www.rvplus.com/atwood-electronic-adj-thermostat-93105.htmlIt was a really simple install and I am no kind of mechanic. Now our water comes out at about 110and I can set it higher but we like this temp. I like being able to adjust the temp. Never did like the mixing system.

Here is a RV Today video showing how to install the thermostat. http://blog.rv.net/tag/atwood-thermostat/

Also for a temporary fix when ours went bad I just crimped the white flex line on the mixing valve with a vise grip plier. This stops the cold water from mixing with the hot. Be real careful though because then the water comes out at full 160 degrees. This will get you by till the parts come. Edited by: Caledonia Jay

08 F250 PSD Super Duty

08 Kingston KF30SB
Caledonia Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #13
Family Vacation Member

I found the nearest Crossroads rep and they had the mixer valve in stock, it was 280.00 but they knocked off 20.00 because I also bought 3 Max-Air vent covers which she gave me for 100.00 a piece down from 125.00, all in all a very expensive day, lol. As per usual it sounds like the Canadian pricing is quite a bit more than down south. I left all my warranty info at the trailer which is an hour and a half away so I can't check to see if the valve is covered by warranty yet. It is absolutely pouring here with no sign of the weather clearing until next week, so now I have to wait, sigh, I really want to go camping.
albianne is offline   Reply With Quote