Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2014, 04:00 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

new 29ss owner and problems

I just purchased a used 2012 sunset 29ss from an individual. Everything checked out okay, no soft spots on roof, no soft corners, all the walls inside and outside are rock solid and I mean solid! I checked them out very thoroughly. Also the floor is solid with no weak/wet spots.

So I bring it to the deer lease last night and start looking it over even more. Come to find out I missed a problem with the fireplace. The fireplace doesn't fully light up. It blows heat and stays on but the right side log won't light up…?

Other questions...

While inspecting before purchasing I noticed a small crack between the kitchen cabinets above sink where it attaches to the wall. I checked the area out very well and the walls are solid with no soft spots or faded paper. Not sure what to think of this but I REALLY hope it isn't water damage. Last thing I want is a lemon trailer…

Also there are a few spots where the paper is wrinkled but again…the walls near this are very solid with no evidence of water damage.

Lastly, while running the AC yesterday water started dripping from one of the AC vents towards the rear… I didn't have the trailer fully level yet so figured maybe it was condensation build up running to the low point and dripping….so I leveled it out and then the big square vent box dripped a little bit but eventually stopped… Or the water is running all over my roof.

Hope I didn't make a bad decision buying this trailer. Driving home from the lease today got me a little worried. I love the floor plan and hope everything works out well with the trailer as I got it for a steal. Opinions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image 2.jpg (225.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Image.jpg (209.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Image 1.jpg (216.5 KB, 1 views)
luke0872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 06:57 PM   #2
Site Team

The wrinkle on the wallpaper is something they see and talk about on some of the rigs. I think it's "normal"?
The crack below the cupboards----is this something you can just go over with some white silicone caulk? You would probably never see it then.
The AC---pull the cover off the inside. There should be four bolts there with nuts on. Should be a foam gasket between the AC and roof. If that looks to be in place, then check those four nuts and see if they are loose. If they are then that is more then likely your leaky culprit. You can tighten them up----
Just remember, DON"t tighten them very much!!!
I can't remember what the specs are but maybe somebody else will chime in with them.
Can't help you with the fire place.
Good luck.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:32 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I once had a water drip problem from my A/C unit in my old trailer. The A/C unit had removal foam filters that were plugged up. I washed the filters and had no more water dripping in the trailer.
Gary Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote