Old 04-05-2018, 04:26 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipeFlier View Post
My bet is the converter just went bad, causing the generator to do the surge thing.

As it failed the generator saw the issue and slowed/speed up trying to keep the voltage within specs.

Surge guard likely wouldn't have done any good as the issue was "downstream" from where it would have been.
I would like to think this is the case, as I have been kicking myself for being lazy.
I appreciate the input.

On a positive note. Apparently the electrical was hooked up on Monday. I'm not that close, but I'm trying to find time, to get back.

I left my camper, so I'm anxious to get back and get things squared away.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:45 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
I didn't see on any of your posts what you have for an RV.
Place that info in your signature an folks will be better able to answer your questions and help.

I agree it doesn't sound good for the converter. After you get it out, it might be you can get by with just replacing the board.
You will have to know what size the converter is before ordering anything.
There should be a tag on it with that info.
I've posted three links below for you to check out. WFCO has a tech support line for questions/help.

WF-8900 MBA SERIES | Product Categories | wfcoelectronics.com

https://www.ltdrvparts.com/WFCO-55-A...-WF8955MBA.htm

WF-8955 MBA (Main Board Assembly) Installation | wfcoelectronics.com
Just wanted to give an update. I have ordered and received all of the parts. Now I am just waiting to get them installed. Hopefully I can get back, by the end of the month.

I used the information provided, above. Gave the company a call and they were very helpful. Told me what part I needed and advised to order it from Amazon. Which I did.

They also confirmed another post. They suspected the circuit board was the problem and not the generator.

After doing some research, that does appear to be the case. I had noticed the battery had stopped charging. I was thinking it was a bad battery. It wasn't that new, so that does happen. I had replaced the battery, but it still wasn't charging. At the time, I had alot on my mind and didn't really put 2 and 2 together. I had tunnel vision. I was only thinking, I've got to get this thing moved. Not, why isn't the electric jack working.
I've had various minor electrical problems for about a month. I just kept blaming the generator.

Hopefully the next post will be to say that everything it good. I also have electrical service, now. Not hooked up, but it's on the pole.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:26 AM   #13
Site Team

That's great news Greg. I hope you get it all ironed out and everything working the way it is suppose to when you're done. Good luck, and thanks a bunch for getting back to letting us know.