Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2010, 11:52 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Rumor mill says that Crossroads has decided to enter the high end 5th wheel market, nre product is to be called "Rosewood"..it supposedly will be a high end 5th wheel, supposed to be a 4 season unit, we are now in the market for a high end unit, I am looking for a unit with real furniture, nice carpet, and real wood with no tape, this is what the unit is supposed to have as I understand it it will be shown at the Nashville show, the week before thanksgiving, what I am curious about does anybody know anything about this unit ??.....we have had 3 crossroads products and would definatley buy another if we can get into a hight end unit....thanks for the help........

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:34 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Yes. This is why Don from Carriage was hired on at Crossroads. Don was tasked with creating a true high end Thor made fifth wheel.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:53 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Now if they could get rid of the Lippert frames and put a decent set of tires on it they might have something. Edited by: Hunter11
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:27 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter11
Now if they could get rid of the Lippert frames and put a decent set of tires on it they might have something.
We can only hope. But they are making a high end product. That may not include the frame as that is the lower part and not the higher part of a trailer. The tires and axles not too importantas they can be replaced but difficult to replace the frame.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:03 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Even Carriage uses crap tires... It's an industry problem not a Crossroads problem. I saw a "premium" line and it had DURO bombs on it...100K sticker on the coach.

I'm not to concerned about the Lippert frame as Crossroads seems to have had good luck with the frames over the last few years (why is always a Keystone who looses a pinbox??) However, I would MUCH prefer Dexter axles.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:43 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

The Lippert axles are junk. I had one collapse at the spring perch last spring. Last winter when I had the bottom open doing a few wiring and plumbling changes I was inspecting the frame on my Cruiser. There was some pretty bad welding. The design of the frame and the cross bracing appears to be good. It is the quality control where Lippert falls on its face. I would feel better if my 26RK had a 10 inch frame instead of the 8 inch.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Its not the design that makes high end campers, it the time and thought that the workers and company put into them.Crossroad has been at this a while now and still need work to improve their quality.Just because their campersor some of their campers are better than others,isn't saying much when even the best isn't far from the bottom.First thing they have to do is use people who camp or use the units to design what they would expect if they were buying one.RV companys don't want anything but your money and you will buy what ever they build.This is just my 2 cents,but I have seen it for a lot of years and it's not changing.Thor will tell them how to build a money maker.

2009 Cruiser 29RK
FB1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:55 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

A successful company is measured not just by its products. It is measured by its workers, management and great customer service. Crossroads does that and builds great products. Whether you agree is a personal matter. I am certain a Lexus lemon rolls off the line once in a while. The vast majority of owners participating in these forums would agree. But, then again, the people posting here are either very happy or very unhappy. Most owners in the middle probably don't even know these forums exist.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:39 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

I think that was a repeat of what I just said,except about happy or not.I like my Cruiser but dollars spent is higher than the value of what you get.

2009 Cruiser 29RK
FB1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:37 PM   #10
New Camper

We would tend to disagree thus far. We are long time campers. We started with a tent during the '60's, went to a small 5ver and then scaled back to a pop up for 20+ years. We then up graded to a 27' bumper pull and then to a small 26' 5ver we now have a 2011 315 REP model and so far just love it. Best bang for buck and plenty of room for us (2) for a couple of years of full timing. Workmanship and quality and features seem better than other makes and models at similar price.

Retired Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

I agree with Retired Mike. We are on our second cruiser and have not seen much else out there with the quality, bang for the buck, and customer service that Crossroads offers. We have had a couple of issues, but Crossroads was right there and took care of the problem along with our dealer.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote