Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2011, 04:26 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

Today Crossroads posted several photos of the new Elevation toyhaul, Cruiser Aire TT, and the Sunset Trail B.O.S.S. fifth wheel with the slideout front cap on their Facebook Page. The Sunset Trail with the slideout front cap is interesting. Wonder how tight it will be going 60 mph in a driving rain?
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

I'll take the leap...

No one has been more critical than me about the introduction of a front cap bedroom slide. No one! "Guys, its a hole in the front and you're driving 75 MPH winds and rain against it. Its going to leak." Well, CrossRoads has been able to prove us all wrong. It has been tested and tested and tested again. It works. Take consideration that this slide was engineered by an automotive engineering firm, not Jethro with his Home Improvement tool belt and HK University degree.

The slide has several seal systems and has two surfaces to seal against. The front cap is molded with a ledge that the slide box seals to. Then, the slide itself has a separate cap that is larger than the slide opening - it has seals. There are two sets of sweeping seals as well.

The CR crew has a good joke about it. "We're convinced the front half isn't leaking - the back half might need to be looked at again, though." Trust it will work. They have the dealers, attorneys, and warranty managers convinced.

Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:29 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Brad, wasn't being critical, just wondering. I know Crossroads would test the heck out of it, but things do happen. I wish them good luck. Its a heck of an innovation.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

They had some posts on FaceBook as well....I am really interested in that new toy hauler....cant wait to see some specs.

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I can't wait to see these at the shows. That front slide looks pretty cool. I'm sure it's gonna be heavy and pricey though.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Am I the only one to becritical of Crossroads becausethey post on Facebook, but dont update their own website beforehand, so that the true fans of these units and most likely potential buyers can view them on the Crossroads website?

Whats up with that do they need a new webmaster or what?

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Facebook has 800,000,000 sets of eyes. This website has how many? In 2011 FB is the place many peope go to for information. It takes no searching to find FB.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:20 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Plus they can get a lot more feedback on FB to make any changes or improvements before putting it on the web site. Several other manufactures have done the same thing. I personally don't do the FB thing but I can see where it would give them a lot of feedback both good and bad.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:47 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Im sorry but I dont agree. Yes Facebook has lots of eyes, but you still have to search on Facebook for Crossroads RV, And not just Crossroads, you have to include the RV or you dont get to see the Crossroads page until much later in the search,so that makes the search issue a moot point IMO.

I just feel their website updating is VERY lacking. When they have a new model it will take them 3 months or more before we even see a floorplan posted on their own website. I just think it is very unprofessional to not update your website with new products when they come out. Especially in this day and age of technology.

On the feedback, they would , I think, get more feedback on their own website and forum than they do on Facebook. I mean look at it, there are old models that they have posted on Facebook and have been there for close to a year or more, and there are what 9 comments max on one of them and most of them have only a few coments. Thats not a good arguement for Facebook being a place to get alot of feedback from. Exposure yes, but not feedback.

I just think they need to update their own website alot more quickly when new models come out. Heck I was looking at and keeping an eye on their Cruiser TT line. Now remember thenew lines come out in what Sept-Dec? We went to the factory rally in August 2011. I seen floorplans there at the rally, that hadnt been puton the website yet, so it was going on 9 months before the new floorplan was put on their website? That is rediculous to say the least.

This is a rant for sure, but they need to update their website more often.

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:22 AM   #10
Site Team

I don't do FB either. So as far as how much exposure CR gets there, I don't have a clue.
I do agree with Brian that their web site should be updated more often so this info is available to "us" the owner/users. They can and do change their info at any time it suits them anyway, so I guess I don't buy into the FB reasoning.
Back to the original post__I would like to see one in person also.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

The DW is a F.B. fan but not I, however, I did peak to look at the new fifth wheel with the slide in the cap. I would have to trust Brad and know CR must have done testing to make sure water did not enter through the seals. But, for my 2 cents I am not wild about the bed in the nose. I remember when looking at trailers looked at the Titanium (now made by heartland) and felt the bed was in a cave. With 18 inches our current bedroom slide it looks to be much deeper. I sure like to see CR is doing new things however I think we may see this in other FW too.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:41 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

I also am not a face book fan have an account but only go in there about every two months or so. Out Zinger had the bed in the front and like George says was kind of cave like.When we started looking one of the requirements was a slide for the bedroom
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:16 PM   #13
Family Vacation Member

Unless the bedroom heating system is much better than our 05 model, I can't imagine sleeping with your head in a slide like this during windy winter use!
carl is offline   Reply With Quote