Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2016, 09:11 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

New sunset trail issues

I just bought a new 2017 st320bh. A few things I cannot figure out. I have it hooked up to city water and a 30amp plug. This being said, I cannot get the hot water heater to work. There does not seem to be any kind of switch directly on the heater itself. The tech told me to flip either the gas or electric switch and it should go.
The other issue is there is a antenna hooked to the TV. where the coaxial plugs into the wall, there is a button to turn on what I assume is the digital HD antenna. It came on when we had our walk through but when we set it up it will not turn on.

Any ideas on any of this would be appreciated!
Baguak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:11 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Did they show you that the water heater was working on your walk though if not it may be still winterized in by pass so it wouldn't heat up, look up winterizing in your book you got and see if the valves are in by pass, on the cable there should be a button to turn it off and on check that out and when it's on that is for air the antenna when its off would be for when your hooked up to cable, and also welcome to the site.
ridgerunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:59 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

If you have an electric fireplace there will be a switch to use 30 amp power for fireplace OR water heater.
Some smaller trailers also have a switch to share power w/ microwave or water heater.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:18 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

water heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgerunner69 View Post
Did they show you that the water heater was working on your walk though if not it may be still winterized in by pass so it wouldn't heat up, look up winterizing in your book you got and see if the valves are in by pass, on the cable there should be a button to turn it off and on check that out and when it's on that is for air the antenna when its off would be for when your hooked up to cable, and also welcome to the site.
Thank you, you were correct, it was bypassed. I simple turn of the lever and it worked great! Thankful the heating element did not burn out. Happy with hot water.
Baguak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:20 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

The other issue is there is a antenna hooked to the TV. where the coaxial plugs into the wall, there is a button to turn on what I assume is the digital HD antenna. It came on when we had our walk through but when we set it up it will not turn on.

Any ideas on any of this would be appreciated![/QUOTE]

Turn the TV half way between the master bedroom and the living room and the button is on the upper right hand side.
2014 Sunset Trail 32bh

"I work so I can CAMP, I camp to get away from WORK"
dminer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:38 AM   #6
Crossroads Owners Liaison

It sounds like there may be a 12 volt fuse blown. Go to the distribution panel there are trouble lights for each fuse, they light up when the fuse is blown. Also make sure all the 110 volt breakers are reset.
Fuller22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, water heater