Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2018, 03:07 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

New tires

Im thinking about getting new tires for my camper and I am looking to get D load range to replace my C load range. Thought it would help w/ my tires when back into a site since my current tires have some flex while backing into a site. Just wanted to get other peoples opinion if the D range is worth it and what tire brands to avoid?
kginder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:31 PM   #2
Site Team

Avoid any tire made in China. I just put on a new set of Goodyear Endurance, made in USA

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:52 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Goodyear Endurance eems to be a popular tire for RV trailers right now because their 10 ply and also have a heavier side wall to protect from curbing. Just ordered a set also and getting them put on tomorrow. Here’s how Goodyear describes the tire. “The Goodyear Endurance is a durable trailer tire that provides towing stability, heat resistance, and high load carrying capacity for trailers, toy haulers, and RVs. It features a tough internal construction and specialized inner liner for load stability and resistance to air loss. The hardworking Goodyear Endurance has Durawall® technology for resistance to cuts and punctures. Whether it’s for work or play, the Goodyear Endurance trailer tire is designed so you can tow with confidence.“

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:56 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa-T View Post
Goodyear Endurance eems to be a popular tire for RV trailers right now because their 10 ply and also have a heavier side wall to protect from curbing. Just ordered a set also and getting them put on tomorrow. Here’s how Goodyear describes the tire. “The Goodyear Endurance is a durable trailer tire that provides towing stability, heat resistance, and high load carrying capacity for trailers, toy haulers, and RVs. It features a tough internal construction and specialized inner liner for load stability and resistance to air loss. The hardworking Goodyear Endurance has Durawall® technology for resistance to cuts and punctures. Whether it’s for work or play, the Goodyear Endurance trailer tire is designed so you can tow with confidence.“
If you go on Goodyear’s website you can save quite a bit on these tires.
Danny Pyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 01:03 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

New Tires

Just put Goodyear Endurance on our Crusier Aire. The original E rated tires three of four failed at 8000 miles. Couldn't get Maxxis at this time so I put on D rated Towstar. One just blew causing trailer damage. This was on an empty trailer cool day nine miles from home. The tire had 10,500 miles on it over two years never overloaded, kept at 80PSI and not towed over 65MPH.
2006 Swantonian Bushcat named Gracie
1947 (2) staff and drivers for cat
Gracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 02:57 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Gracie so sorry for the trailer damage. I also posted on this next statement under;“Tire warning “. So I was going to order my Goodyear Endurance tires through Goodyear but my local tire shop ordered five (Including spare), took my Castle rocks off and put on all five Goodyear’s and balanced for $625 out the door.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Old 06-19-2018, 12:22 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Pyle View Post
If you go on Goodyear’s website you can save quite a bit on these tires.
X2 on direct purchasing from Goodyear. Currently running promos for 15% off tires. I've posted this elsewhere on the forum.

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires...gn=GYAffiliate

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 02:24 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

I was going to order through Goodyear but I had to pick a Goodyear dealer on the list (For free shipping) to send them to have installed which was 45 minutes from where I live. I could’ve got them $40.75 Cheeper by going through Goodyear but the hassle of driving 45 minutes each way wasn’t worth that for me and the cost of gas in my 2500.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:07 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

I see that Sams club can get them for about$120 per tire (225/75/15E).

This may be the route I take in the future.
Vikes79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:03 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes79 View Post
I see that Sams club can get them for about$120 per tire (225/75/15E).

This may be the route I take in the future.

Is that mounted? You can get 15%?off that through Goodyear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:08 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMark View Post
Is that mounted? You can get 15%?off that through Goodyear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
120 +15 = 135 per tire.

The 15 includes mounting balancing, road hazard, life time flat repair.

It may not be the best deal but there are quite a few Walmart’s and Sams across the nation that would be good for the RH and flat repair.
Vikes79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 03:11 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

When we bought our new Crossroads trailer it had load rand C tires on it and I would not leave the dealer until we upgraded the tires to Load range "D". I calculated the weight of the trailer, the groceries and supplies we were going to load as well as clothing, blankets, can goods, water etc, and if one of our cats at 26 pounds hopped in we were at the maximum weight load of the tires. I learned the hard way with our boat trailer, which I had custom built for our 28 foot World Cat. I made sure it had the latest disk brakes, but let the trailer company supply the wheels, tires and the spare. I took the boat from our house in south central Florida to Venice Louisiana and back and 7 brand new tires either blewout, de-laminate, etc. I took the trailer to the Goodyear dealer near my house and they sent an engineer out which decided that the 15 inch wheels and tires were way too small. They supplied at no charge 5 brand new radial 16 inch load range E tires, with the balancing and mounting. The trailer company replaced my 5 15 inch galvanized wheels with five new aluminum 16 inch wheels and we have had no problems since. Your life is not worth gambling.
papabear9695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:57 AM   #13
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear9695 View Post
When we bought our new Crossroads trailer it had load rand C tires on it and I would not leave the dealer until we upgraded the tires to Load range "D". I calculated the weight of the trailer, the groceries and supplies we were going to load as well as clothing, blankets, can goods, water etc, and if one of our cats at 26 pounds hopped in we were at the maximum weight load of the tires. I learned the hard way with our boat trailer, which I had custom built for our 28 foot World Cat. I made sure it had the latest disk brakes, but let the trailer company supply the wheels, tires and the spare. I took the boat from our house in south central Florida to Venice Louisiana and back and 7 brand new tires either blewout, de-laminate, etc. I took the trailer to the Goodyear dealer near my house and they sent an engineer out which decided that the 15 inch wheels and tires were way too small. They supplied at no charge 5 brand new radial 16 inch load range E tires, with the balancing and mounting. The trailer company replaced my 5 15 inch galvanized wheels with five new aluminum 16 inch wheels and we have had no problems since. Your life is not worth gambling.
Amen! I did the same with my current Crossroads after buying replacement tires every few hundred miles and then upgrading wheels and tires on my previous unit when I got home a few years ago. This time I decided to just do it up front and be safe/happy.

My '06 Holiday Rambler was the last -and only- 5'er that came with decent quality and load range tires. Nowadays, I don't think you need to bother calculating weights. Your factory tire combined weight rating will be very slightly over the posted trailer combined weight rating which is insufficient due to normal stresses and the likely quality of the tires. This is a case of more not only being better but a necessity.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:21 AM   #14
New Camper

Load range D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kginder View Post
Im thinking about getting new tires for my camper and I am looking to get D load range to replace my C load range. Thought it would help w/ my tires when back into a site since my current tires have some flex while backing into a site. Just wanted to get other peoples opinion if the D range is worth it and what tire brands to avoid?
Yes, go with load range D. A much better tire. Not sure if it’s true but a trailer tire dealer in Michigan told me the DOT up here is now requiring load range D tires on new trailers.
spartus is offline   Reply With Quote