Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2009, 05:34 AM   #1
New Camper

Greetings - I am new to the RV world and could use some advice - looking to purchase a used 5th wheel , 3 or 4 yrs old - 27 to 30 feet.....in particular a 2005 CROSSROADS CRUISER 30 footer with the 2 lazyboys in the back ( rl).....any comments re the quality etc and the price may be around 22 thousand ish canadian......havent seen it yet but may be in immaculate shape....tks dan.....
danielsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:14 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Dan;
Welcome to the forum .Are you buying used from a dealer?If so download and do an entire PDI even from a private party you should do most of a regular Pdi ,however they may get mad if you fill the tanks up and they do not have a place to dump.I would suggest a campground near to the sellers home.Check out all the systems and get a feel for the trailer.You are doing the right thing right now reading the forum and investigating the trailer.There are many things you can look at and often it may seem we only talk about the bad stuff however,Most people here feel we are getting as good quality as we can ask for from the trailer industry.Do we have problems ?yup,But I think these problems are everywhere and we may have a few less.You are putting a house on wheels and bouncing it wherever you want to go,So its gonna take some maintenance.Make the most informed decision you can and once again welcome.

2019 Volante 240RL
mapachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:04 AM   #3
New Camper

Hey - tks for the reply and reception......thats good advice......they sure look nice and the lines and outside detailing are smart.....my buddie just purchased a rand new 08 38 foot COACHMEN WYOMING...last night....returned it back to dealer this morning.....some small but disappointing issues with it.......yikes.....tks again....fun to learn ask and shop abit.....
danielsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote