Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #321
Full Time Camper

Sad to say, but I think all the concerns about quality, warranty, and promises are falling on deaf ears. It appears as though Tom Montague, nor anyone else from crossroads is even monitoring this forum. Apparently the only thing that will get them involved in these issues is when sales decline or Thor finally has enough of the complaints and starts replacing some of this "new" crossroads management team.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
Old 04-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #322
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to denlor
It would be nice if the folks at CR would send us a message stating what the actual advantages are and will be over competitors 2 year warranty instead of blowing smoke. If they are so sure this is the way to go then why not give us some facts and compare it to what is out there for warranty by the competition and what the actual benefits will or could be. I personally do not believe in any warranty (auto or otherwise) as there are always too many outs for the manufacturer. (the fine print)
Old 04-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #323
Full Time Camper

Fortunately, I'm a used CR buyer and this doesn't affect me. However, I read the reply from CrossRoads admin team about the 12 point promise, 1 hour authorizations, allowing dealers to use their own parts, etc. In my opinion, those are things that should have been there with the 2 year warranty. That is called "customer service". To denigrate their customers bywetting down their backs and telling them it's raining will get them nowhere. RVers are smarter than that.

That said, I've bought three new campers. The first two were problem free, but by the time I bought the 2011 fiver, there was a glaring decline in the initial quality from the factory. Thank goodness I had a really good dealer on my last new one that worked through everything with as little down time for me as possible. Those without a good dealer are just hung out to dry pretty much.

A year on a 30 to 80K trailer is a slap in the face. If they can charge that much for them, they can afford to warranty them bumper to bumper for 3 or 4 years.
Edited by: mike06081969
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
Old 04-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #324
Full Time Camper

Mike I agree. They make a car with a drivetrain go 200,000 miles and give it a 5 year warrenty. They make a camper and charge more than a car and 1 year. It stinks. They are laughing at us as they rake in profits.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #325
New Camper

we are looking into purchasing a new cruise aire rv, I am a bit worried about the quality after reading the forums. Any thoughts on crossroads compared to Jayco
Old 04-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #326
Full Time Camper

Read, or spin the wheel and cross your fingers and hope for the best. Jayco or CR I would try Jayco but a used one would be better then any new rig.

Faribault MN
Old 04-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #327
Full Time Camper

Of the two you mentioned I know which one I would choose based on the length of warranty. Plus they also are known for very good customer service and quality.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:17 AM   #328
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
I know which I chose, and the warranty WAS a deciding factor for us.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:54 AM   #329
Full Time Camper

I've said it before and I'll say it again. All manufacturers make good trailers and all manufacturers make lemons. The question is more how are they gonna stand behind the unit. Crossroads historically has been good about this but the decrease in warranty and a newer rash of issues does make one wonder how long that reputation will hold up. I bought my zinger in 2011 and crossroads did repair any and all issues I had under warranty. That said, I am now out of warranty and just a couple days ago have noticed my dinette is pulling away from the slide wall. Haven't had a chance to investigate this issue yet.Overall I have been happy. Another thing to understand is that any forum you go to you will see more negative posts than positive posts as the unhappy tend to be more vocal.In general, buy the unit you like best and hope for the best with any manufacturer. Best of luck to you.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
Old 05-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #330
Full Time Camper

Here's a copy of a email that sent the dealer in RAMSEY MN who tied to do do some warranty work on my 2011 crossroad cruiser 31RK. I asked them to do three things.
Fix front glass cap. Results: Covered cracked and painted and forgot to put art work back on! FAIL
Fix small leak on water pump. Results Fixed they said. Turned on water and held at pressure for about one min, flooded the living area. Checked leak out and found hose ID larger then OD of barb fitting coming off the pump. So they added 6 O-rings to the barb fitting and push the hose back on and clamped. FAIL
Check brakes Results: They said it sounds like they work, FAIL Took to RV service company and payed to have it done Results: CORRECT What Warranty? promise or no promise. Boo Hiss!

Edited by: LeBo
Faribault MN
Closed Thread