Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 02:09 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

Anyone notice that the new Cruiser warranty is for 12 months? What does that say about quality and workmanship? Jayco, KZ and Open Range are still two years. One of the reasons we boughtour Cruiser was the two year warranty. Go and read the deals of the new and improved warranty. Oh, yes, you get a touch up kit. Is that worth the second year of the warranty?

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
Old 09-25-2012, 02:53 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

But Art, it is backed by the "12 Point Promise". That must be worth another years worth of warranty right?And the Rushmore is also now a 1 year warranty. We will have to see how this all plays out with the changes and cost cutting they are doing as to what the future holds for Crossroads. The two year warranty played a big role in our decision to to buy our two Crossroads units and with the quality issues they have had lately this is not going to be a good move for future customers. Edited by: Hunter11
Old 09-25-2012, 04:32 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I seea hi-level executive, settingin an office,patting himself on the back for this wonderful idea.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
Old 09-25-2012, 05:10 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Like others have said the 2 year warranty played a big part in our decision to go with a Crossroads product.

Flyone
Old 09-25-2012, 06:23 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

In this case I guess it paid to be an early adopter and be one of the first generation of CR buyers.

Recent posts sure don't reflect the manufacturer or products I had become accustomed to. All kinds of reports of poor quality unit construction coupled with poor customer service. Maybe it is a blessing they cut the warranty period by 50%from two years (and some of us remember being able to extend it to 3 years) to one year. It helps eliminate CR from consideration for a replacement unit. Shoot, many of remember when they actually listened to what we said and changed accordingly. Still irks me when I log in and see the scenes they chose to put with their trailers on the home web page. Doesn't reflect any camping experience I wish to be part of.

The good news for me and many of you is that we got a unit while they were still well built ... units that will last for many years. Truth be told, we all got a bargain. I do feel sorry for the current generation of buyers and for the decreased resale value of my unit as the CR name becomes coupled with mediocrity.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

Old 09-25-2012, 06:36 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Well said Al. And you are right about the "new" web site......
Old 09-25-2012, 06:47 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

I don't understand their website either. The new CF355BL is at dealers, but they don't have it listed on their own company website. Whoever is in charge of their website needs help with updating and putting their campers in "camping" pictures and not in the big city.

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
Old 09-25-2012, 06:57 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

CrossRoads Marketing here - as always, we very much appreciate your feedback!

While the prior warranty was longer, we felt it left significant gaps in coverage. Some of the main improvements are the ability to bring your unit in (free) for a 6 month check-up, and our ability to service not just what we built but what our suppliers provide so you have more seamless coverage. Our entire team truly believes this new 12-point promise is the best thing we can offer our customers.

If you bought your unit when we offered the 2 year warranty, you still get the benefits of the new 12-point promise: 1 hour work authorizations, allowing dealers to use their parts to fix issues, and the expertise of dedicated industry reps for problem resolution to name a few.

Thank you for being a CrossRoads owner. We appreciate all your support and feedback.

forum@crossroadsrv.com
Old 09-25-2012, 07:40 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

You can say all the nice things you want a one year warrenty means the adv camper is used 2 months a year. So a one year warrenty with a little stalling by your dealer and the warrwenty is gone. Buy in Appril and don't use untill first of july we have lost 1/ 3 on our protection.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:54 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

One wonders why you don't at least offer the option to extend the warranty for a year for a nominal fee?

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

Old 09-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

My question is, why all the big changes in such a big hurry. Like the old saying goes "If it ain't broke why try and fix it"? All of the things that made this company one of the best in the business for many years are now gone in less than a year after the new management took over. Crossroads stood out among the other manufactures for their quality, customer service and 2 year warranty and now they are just like 90% of the others on the market. It is like they are taking a step backwards instead of forwards. Is this the future of Crossroads or is there a future for Crossroads.....
Old 09-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

I have to agree with Keith (Hunter11). We have to wonder where Crossroads is heading. Nothing on this forum justifys cutting the warranty to one year, except cost containment for decisions that have reduced quality. We have purchased two cruisers and would probably not consider another one based on several items. No.1-changing to welded construction of the gorilla cage. With the amount of flexing and the difficulty in welding thinwall aluminum there will be structural problems. No.2- the Swinteck slide system is way to tempermental. No.3-the one year warranty makes the first two items of even more concern. JMHO.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
Old 09-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

OK, but does one year warranty plus 12-point promise equal two year warranty?...I dont think so...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
Old 09-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

Having been a former customer and a flag-waving Crossroads advocate on this forum, RV.net, and to friends/family I can say that the new warranty coverage is bunk. The sub-tiers already covered the appliances and sub-systems for 2 years. The benefit was Crossroads had a bumper-to-hitch 2 year warranty that covered the coach itself. For example, I had a handful of issues in the 2nd year of use that Crossroads covered on the coach under warranty, no questions asked.

I have also noticed the "perceived" increase in complaints by new owners of multiple Crossroads products who are having significant issues with the slide systems, some had front frame flex issues, and so on. The best warranty is the one you never use - if you get my drift.

Surely this is a cost-cutting initiative to limit Crossroads exposure to warranty claims; this is Business 101. While I won't completly dismiss or discontinue my recomendation of Crossroads to the previously mentioned folks, I will temper it heavily.

Forest River, KZ, Open Range, Jayco, and others still offer a 2 year warranty and I will always point folks to organizations that put the coverage of warranty to the customer as a first priority. Sorry Crossroads, but you just lost some of your allure and luster.....

And yes, your new website still leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #15
Full Time Camper

I think that after two CrossRoads products that the next one will not be one. And it is in our plans some time in the next 12 months to up grade. I think that your new management team needs to relook at your past policey's. This is what help us make our decision to purchase both the Zinger and later the Cruise. The best advertizing is from happy owners, and you are fast losing this

Edited by: fhenn
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #16
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to wincrasher

I'm in the market to buy a new fifth wheel. Guess who I've crossed off my list?

Forest River will let you buy a 2nd year of warranty for $150. I certainly don't see "gaps" in any other manufacturer's warranties.

Don't be scammed by this notion that they are coordinating with the vendors on your behalf. If a sub-system (appliance) has an issue, the customer has every expectation that Crossroads will handle it. It's not a favor or a courtesy. If you buy a new chevy and the radio craps out, you don't expect to have to go talk to delco about it. If a spring pops up thru a seat, you would expect to have to go to Lear about it, would you? Idiots these people are. Do they forget they still have the albatross of Thor flying around their heads? The worst reputation of any manufacturer of RV's. Some of the product they put out was almost criminal as far as safety and quality are concerned. The ONLY reason I considered buying my Sunset Trail was because of the 2 year warranty. With Thor's history, I wouldn't have looked twice.

Edited by: wincrasher
Old 09-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #17
Weekend Camper

Whoops!!! We were considering a new 300ck, the floor plans are great, but now??
The 07 cruiser is showing its miles but still going strong. Perhaps we will hang in there for a while. Could be that a Jayco deserves a closer look??

Edited by: pegger
https://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...aravan07-2.gif
Old 09-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #18
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_71

OK, but does one year warranty plus 12-point promise equal two year warranty?...I dont think so...

The warranty was cut by 50%, 2 yrs to 1 yr. The 12-point promise has every appearance of marketing BS and really doesn't seem to offer a real tangible upgrade. Corporate arrogance appears to be at work here, not customer service nor customer satisfaction. Case in point ... they came on here "wanting our input" about the new website. In reality they were looking for validation and they did not get it. So much for listening to their customers or for giving the customer what they want.

As a past customer I will have the current and most likely ensuing management teams to thank for the lost resale value of my Sunset Trail as they degrade and ultimately devalue CR. The question is not is the ship sinking? It is how fast is the ship going down?

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

Old 09-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #19
Family Vacation Member

Yes this is my 3rd Cruiser and I have a 335SS and this is the second time it has been back to the factory for repairs. The slide has leaked water from day one and now it is rottened out. Been looking at new Jayco when this one gets back. This makes matter worse now. This is the worst one I have owned. Everytime you go out it is a guessing game as what will go wrong! Good Luck Crossroads as next one will not be you.

2012 Cruiser CF335SS
Old 09-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #20
Full Time Camper

I think Crossroads should definitely listen to the members that are posting their concerns. Many are long time, multiple owners of Crossroads products. Looking at the number of posts these folks have madeover the years shows their long held belief in Crossroads and now their current very serious concern of where the new management is taking this company. Sadly, many of us have seen this happen in other companies when they loose sight of the fact that the customers are the people who make and sell the company.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
Closed Thread