Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2010, 06:44 AM   #1
New Camper

Just had this problem for the first time this past weekend. No 12 volt power supply. Battery checks with 12 plus volts, inline fuse at battery good, both fuses in power converter good. I have power to everything as long as shore power is connected but once unplugged nothing works. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help. This is a CF32BL.
heatcoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:14 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I would follow the known power trail. Start at the battery and check all the wires and connection to the converter. You say the converter fuses are good but what about at the fuse connection. One prong should have 12v. It may be a bad converter. It also could be just a loose connection somewhere. I would guess the problem is somewhere between the converter back to the battery. How are the landing legs? I think they are separate from the converter and connected directly to the battery.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

If your getting 12v power when on shore power but not when unplugged it almost sounds like a battery disconnect switch is in the off position. Do you have one on your rig?

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

maybe the battery is toast too. 12 volts is not enough, the battery should read well over 12 volts if Im not mistaken.

am I wrong guys?

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #5
New Camper

Don't know if you are having the same problem but I had issues with the ground from the battery. Mine was intermittent and I was convinced the wire was either pinched or had a bad splice some where. After several attempts at tracing the wire including dropping part of the fabric on the underside of the trailer (mine is a BL as well) I found that there is a ground junction block mounted under the converter/power distribution panel. If you are looking for it you might be able to see it with the water heater and pump access cover removed. I had to actually loosen the converter/power distribution panel to get at mine. Looked like the ground from the battery had never been tightened.

2008 CF32BL

2007 GMC Sierra K2500
newportbl is offline   Reply With Quote