Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2014, 11:02 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

No video signal from dvd to tv

Hi,

Just got the Sunset Cruiser and I can't figure out how to get a signal to the TV from the built in dvd player. I'm getting sound from the dvd, so I know it works. I got broadcast tv to come in on the tv but I've tried every input source on the tv and can't find a signal from dvd player. I suspect I may have to replace the rca(?) cable from the Jensen unit to the tv, but wanted to check to see if there was something unusual or maybe obvious to others that I'm missing. The sound is definitely from the dvd player, so I think I have the right output setting on the Jensen. Its on a swivel, so I wonder if it got turned to many times in one direction for the cable to handle. If I do need to replace the cable, has anyone done this. Is the cable secured to the inner wall anywhere or can I just pull it through with a string tied to it and a new cable?
Rattlepated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:46 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I think you have to set the TV from coldstream ( or something like that) to another setting, cannot remember which. experiment..

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Does this link help?

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=7286
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:59 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

I'll try that this weekend. I'll let you know if it works. Thank you.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:50 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Good advice so far!
Just like at home, depending on your wiring connections, what you do will change - and there's nothing to say you can't change the cables OR electronics - they are both relatively cheap now days !

The best picture comes with the best connections (that your electronics will allow)
in order of worst to best is RF, Composite, S-Video, Component, DVI -Digital Video Interface, HDMI -High Definition Multimedia Interface

Did you try your tv's menu or remote to change the "source" or "input" to find your signal ?

When we change from OTA antenna to satellite to cable to dvd, we have to change the input selection to find the signal...

Your audio may be on separate optical cable as well - good luck !
Old 03-24-2014, 05:23 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Well thank you all for the tips and advice. After looking for and not findin a component vs composite setting on the tv, I removed the tv from the wall to check the inputs. They appeared to be correct, so next, I removed the Jensen DVD/Stereo from the wall only to find the other end of the line was not connected to the Jensen unit. I plugged them in and now everything works. I'm a little baffled at why this wasn't plugged in. This was a used trailer that was two years old. All the electronics appear to be original. I wonder if the dealer removed the stereo to check it and just forgot to plug it back in.

I did notice that there is not an hdmi connection on the Jensen. I also noticed that there is a video/audio (3 point RCA) input on the Jensen and a Stereo out on the TV. I'm debating whether to mess with routing an audio cable through the wall so the cable sound will come through the ceiling speakers.