Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2018, 06:44 PM   #1
New Camper

Nose pushed in

I bought a 2013 hill country r v .
When I'm going down the road the wind pressure pushes the fiber glass front in and there is a bubble in my rubber top that is flopping in the wind. When I get where I'm going and set up I climbed up to look and top is tight. The fiberglass front on my camper is wrinkled from the air pressure. Like it doesn't have the support behind it to prevent it being pushed in. Is there a fix for this ?
Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 07:10 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

How big is that bubble in the rubber roof, and I suspect it's somewhere in the front so you can see it in the mirror?
Old 08-06-2018, 07:18 PM   #3
Site Team

Without taking the nose cap off, I think it's pretty hard to answer that question.
It sounds like there might be some supports missing other wise I don't know how that would be possible. My guess is when it pushes the nose back, it must be separating from where it attaches to the roof allowing air to get in which would create the bubble.

You might want to check where the roof meets the front and see if the roof membrane is loose in one spot or another.
If it is you could seal it by running a 4 in. eternbond tape, lapping half on the roof and half on the nose cap------but if the nose cap has to come off, that would create a problem.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 07:19 PM   #4
New Camper

Yes it's in the front. It is actually two bubbles. One on each side with the middle still down. They are about 8" I would guess. I can see them in mirror.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:29 PM   #5
New Camper

When I got parked the top seemed tight with no separation. The nose cone is buckled so I assume it is pushed in by air pressure when moving at high way speed.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:35 PM   #6
Site Team

My guess is when the nose is being pushed back it allows air in creating the bubble.

So that must mean it's separating from the roof, some place.
You might have to do a little closer inspection to find it.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 07:36 PM   #7
New Camper

I'm thinking the nose cone needs to come off and see what is behind it and get with crossroads and see what is supposed to be behind it. Correct the problem. I don't know how much it will cost me.