Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Hey All

We live in Calgary AB and own a 2012 CR Sunset Trail 26BH.

Thinking about a trip down the Oregon Coast next summer. It is about 1500 km down to the boarder of OR and CA,

Any help/suggestions/ good/bad/ things to do/see etc.

I have been toying that the trip down that far is not necessary. Say half way down would be good.

Any thoughts on this sort of trip would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks

OH also I covered the trailer with a tarp for the winter I have read posts on doing this both negative and positive. I am thinking of getting a proper trailer tarp in the spring.

Does anyone have one of these and what are the thoughts on that.

egrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

We did that trip in 2010 and had a great time. Some of the better places we stayed at are:
Fort Stevens St park
Beverly Beach st park,
Bastendorff Beach park
and then Crescent City, Ca area

The Tillamook facility was a nice tour if you like cheese.

You will need reservations early as that is a popular trip in the summer. Have fun!

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:45 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

We did the Oregon & Washington coast also in 2010 & can't wait to do it again,We don't for the most part stay in state parks, but Oregon has the best we have seen,We stayed in a few Marina's cg's that were great &on the ocean,One was Winchester Bay Resortat Salmon harbour. If you got the time going into Crescent City area to see the redwood trees was great.We liked the Washington coast just as much,Whidbey Island,Anacortes,Olympic NP,Sequim area were great also.You aregoing to have a great time.The only time we made reservations was a week or so before the 4th of July,Besides that we made no reser & had no problems getting cg's.Edited by: campsurveyor
Old 11-07-2011, 06:46 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

on covering your TT with a tarp. If I remember correctly, if you cover your trailer with a tarp for the winter, it voids your warranty. Crossroads does not recommend covering it with a tarp, and actually they advise against it.

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:24 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

We stayed at a number of Oregon coast campgrounds in 2010. I wondered how a state could have such nice camping areas for a great price. I can tell you this would never happen in my state of California. I hope you do stay and enjoy them. We also stopped by the tillamoook factory and not only got some cheese but some great ice cream.

In regards in covering the camper the concerns is the tarp or cover will rub the rubber roof and cause a hole. I do not cover mine but we have a mild winter here.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:10 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

We stayed at Nehalem Bay a few years back. It was a great campground and a beautiful area. Be warned though, it was significantly cooler the closer to the ocean you went. One day it was 28C in town and only 17C at the campground 5min away.
A great stop over on the way down is Farragut State Park in Idaho. Another great spot and only minutes from Silverwood.

Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote