Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2017, 05:08 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Outdoor fridge mount

Just purchased a 2017 Sunset Trail 254RB equiped with an "outdoor kitchen." I've noticed the mini fridge is only mounted to the counter top at the rear and no mounts up front. Thus nothing to prevent it from rocking back and forth while traveling. My question is, how has everyone else solved this issue? I considered mounting a couple D-Rings up front to the counter top and hooking a ratchet strap to them and over top the fridge while traveling to prevent the fridge from moving. I just hate to drill holes in a new camper, but I think thats the only way. ST really should have done something about it at the factory IMO.

COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS? Thanks!!

Tad
ssnova1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:14 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Our 240BH came with a strap the holds it securely in place while traveling. Just comes from the left and right and buckles together in the middle keeping the fridge locked in place and from opening.

.... Everyday is a good day for Camping....
Poppabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:21 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppabear View Post
Our 240BH came with a strap the holds it securely in place while traveling. Just comes from the left and right and buckles together in the middle keeping the fridge locked in place and from opening.
Thanks for the reply! So are the strap mounts fastened to the wall behind the fridge? I guess I could try mounting it like that, but Im not sure about what to secure the mounts with. The wall seems thin. Im assuming any fasteners I used would just strip or pull out. That being the reason why i considered mounting D Rings to the metal counter and fastening it with nuts and bolts.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:37 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Our 289qb is like that also...two D rings with a buckle strap attached that fastens at the front.
tott9713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:26 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Obviously your s was one that they forgot to add the strap. There is a stud behind the fridge . 1" screws is the longest you can use. Have the dealer get you one and it is easy to do once you see it on another trailer.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:52 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Our SS26 has two small L brackets, one on each side of fridge that are fastened to the counter. I added a strap to keep door closed. No holes, just wrapped it around fridge body and buckled.
Reese StraightLine WD w/dual cam sway control
Delillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:32 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
Obviously your s was one that they forgot to add the strap. There is a stud behind the fridge . 1" screws is the longest you can use. Have the dealer get you one and it is easy to do once you see it on another trailer.
I contacted the dealer I purchased the trailer from. According to the service tech I spoke to, the travel trailers with the larger outdoor refrigerators, like my 254RB, only have rear mounting brackets. He claimed to have never seen a larger fridge with a buckle strap on the Sunset Trails, unless it is the smaller outdoor fridge.

So idk...Im gonna contact Crossroads today and see what info I can obtain from them.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:43 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnova1 View Post
I contacted the dealer I purchased the trailer from. According to the service tech I spoke to, the travel trailers with the larger outdoor refrigerators, like my 254RB, only have rear mounting brackets. He claimed to have never seen a larger fridge with a buckle strap on the Sunset Trails, unless it is the smaller outdoor fridge.

So idk...Im gonna contact Crossroads today and see what info I can obtain from them.
Well , he has not been around long...my 2013 25rb with tall bar fridge has it.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:10 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
Well , he has not been around long...my 2013 25rb with tall bar fridge has it.
Yea that's what Im thinking also. Or he just wanted to give me a simple answer without knowing for sure. I called the salesman who sold the camper to me...he's supposed to go out later today and snap a few pics of others. I live almost 2hrs from the dealer or Id go there myself and investigate how the others are set up.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:29 AM   #10
Gone Traveling

Good luck hearing back from your dealer!! I wouldn't believe a salesman if he told me the sky was blue til looked up for myself.
If I were you I'd strap down however I felt like & consider it finished.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:34 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Good luck hearing back from your dealer!! I wouldn't believe a salesman if he told me the sky was blue til looked up for myself.
If I were you I'd strap down however I felt like & consider it finished.
Best advice Ive heard so far haha!! Ill probably end up doing that. Just didnt want to drill any unnecessary holes in the metal counter top if I didnt have to.

Tags
bracket, dorm fridge, mini fridge, outdoor kitchen