Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2013, 12:33 AM   #1
New Camper

I have recently purchased a zinger rd 190 RV, and would like to see why I can get an owners manual. Or if I can get it online.
Cookesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:38 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

the "owners'"manual leaves a lot to be desired.
Mine had the component [stove, a/c, etc.] books in it.
the rest was generic....no wire diagram, no plumbing diagram.
I asked for the diagrams and got , again, generics....no actual routing diagrams.
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:18 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I recently purchased a used unit myself and had the same question...where to get an owner's manual. Many people like the other poster told me they were generic, however, Crossroads has a Facebook page and I asked my question there, and got a response to send an email to WARRANTY at CROSSROADSRV dot COM and they would mail me a copy. I did, they said they would, however it hasn't arrived yet. Just my thoughts. Bob.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:11 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Post back when you get it and tell us what you think. I read mine and could not tell if I was reading about a 5er or tt. Or if it even mattered.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

I have owned 3 new 5th wheels, my brother has owned 6 new ones and not a one of them ever had what anyone would call an owners manual. You get the manuals from the components, tires, axles, hitch, etc. but nothing but a very generic manual that tells you nothing.

I don't believe any of the trailer manufacturers even have a wiring diagram. We toured one plant when picking up our trailer and I asked one of the assembliers about it. His reply: "we just wire up whatever the build sheet calls for. We know how to do it."

It was apparent that no two units are put together the same way.

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

I'll reply as to the manual when it finally arrives, but I'm working on manuals for all the appliances and equipment that goes into a build, that Crossroads buys third party. Which brings me to another question (I think this might be a manual question and not one for those third party suppliers) but how much can your rig be out of level and still work the slides? And doesn't this also affect refrigerator operation??
Old 02-27-2013, 01:38 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

I have worked the slides up to about 10 dgs out of level (either frt to back or side to side)but I try to avoid it. If I put them out when out of level I bring them back in at the same angle. I don't do one with out the other. Just my own way of doing things. As far as the fridge, it will be fine for short durations ie rest stops, potty breaks etc. I use a small round bubble in the fridge freezer to check level after setting up. More than 1/2 bubble out of level and I will readjust. I have never heard of any actual degree measurement from manufacturers.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:52 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

I also asked for a better owners manual, did the email to crossroads, and recieved ( for $20 ) a piece of crap manual that was designed for both 5er's and TT'S.

I have said it before and I will say it again---Crossroads manuals SUCK--for the money we pay we should get a manual that has every item in the unit described to a t

2011 Chevy Siverado 2500w/Duramax Diesel

2013 Elevation 3612
stevenrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:43 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Although there aren't any manuals on rv's on this site I have found manuals for other products at Safemanuals.com.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #10
Seasonal Camper

As far as level, closer is better but if you are comfortable walking around and laying down in the trailer, it should be good enough for the frig.

For me, more than about1/4 bubble (about 5 degrees) is about all I want to tolerate.

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

I had a similar experience with the manuals to our Sunset Trail last year and noted them here. Sounds to me like nothing has changed.

Previous forum thread is here
https://www.treehousewellness.com/Pho...amper/F150.jpg
mikenannie is offline   Reply With Quote