Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2009, 08:24 AM   #21
Family Vacation Member

HHHHHHaaaaa what a great topic! We figured we would have the same problem. SoI built the garage first!!I figured the neighbor hood kids would ruin ourbaby if we left it sit out in our neighbor hood.Good luck!!

Dee N Bob

Duramax,allison.etc.

2009 30SK Patriot edition

Pullrite 20.5k Super Fifth

https://i494.photobucket.com/albums/r...b1/NewSpot.jpg
buddhabob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:29 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

This must be something new for a number of cities. My sister and brother in-law had their motor home parked next to the house for a number of years and just recently was told to move it. I know I would like to park mine at home but have no room so it is storage yard.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:29 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn
I guess paying taxes and trying to do the right thing isn't good enough for the government. i think all government employees must of been kids that were picked on in school and now they can get there revenge on us. LOL

heres a well thought out statement.

i'm a "government worker" i work for the town that i live. to be exact i'm a heavy equiptment operater i also do all the masonry work at our many town owned properties. that being said town codes are there for a reason. its to keep a comunity looking uniform and kept. if i lived in a area where cars are parked on front lawns or multiple unregestered cars are in a driveway i would be pissed. to think "government workers" are out to get you is just silly. its like saying every cop is got nothing to do but stop drunk drivers or speeders. theres a reason they do.

that being said i live in a very nice area, i paymy fair sharefor property taxes($10,200 a year) and my town does not restrict parking rv's or boats. i have yetto come across anything unsightly when it comes to parked rv's.because i'm a mason i poured a 45' slab on the side of my house so the tounge of my trailer does not pass the front of my house. it looks good and is courteous to my neighbors.

bottom line check your local codes and be informed.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:36 AM   #24
Seasonal Camper

i paymy fair sharefor property taxes($10,200 a year),,,,

Holly Smokes. Makes me happy to say mine are only Like $1700

But you govt workers make all the money any way right ,,,,,,, I'm joking lol.

gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:55 AM   #25
Weekend Camper

I'm sorry if I offended you. I should of said politicians. The code dude was just doing his job. Great now I have probably upset the politicians now.
By the way I meet with the code guy and he was really nice. He let me push my trailer back back on the side of my house until I can move my fence and put it in the back yard. he is working with me.
On your property taxes I would be moving if I was you. Kinda high...okay really high!
Again I am sorry. LETS GO CAMPING!

2008 F150 4.2L V6 yes a V6

2009 Zinger 19RD
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:26 PM   #26
Full Time Camper

shawn,

no sweat. you got me on a good night.

the taxes here in new york are crazy. my wifes brother lives a 1/2 mile away from me and he ays $16,000. my house is a common 2300 sq. ft house-2 car garageon 1/3 acre. very very common size around here. i'm 2 miles from the water, houses on the water pay anywhere from $18,000-$35,000 a year in property taxes. the real kicker is, its all the same school district.(school taxes are 70% of our property taxes)so i guess i'm getting a bargain?

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:53 AM   #27
Weekend Camper

It is great to see they are working with you on the issue. Many Municipalities are trying to attract more people to the Community. So they want the image to look good. What we consider our "pride and joy", some people may consider an eye sore. Sad, but true. Like I said, it is great you all are working together on it.
campingWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:14 PM   #28
Seasonal Camper

Hope all goes well, however most villages have laws on the book that prevents recreational objects to be parked on the property for more than 48 to 72 hrs. that allows one to load or unload. Our village has that code. So we have the trailer in storage when not in use..I'm thinking if one is really rural and has lots of land they could get away with it. Karen
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote