Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2011, 03:58 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

has anyone else north of the border (Canada) had problems with the lengthof time it is taking to get parts from Indiana to the dealer? Our Cruiser has been @ dealer now for over 11 weeks. Each time the service dept orders parts it is 2 weeks or longer receiving them.

The parts we are now waiting for are still sitting @ broker in Toronto. They left Indiana on Aug 17..

elizajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:24 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

The Broker is always the stumbling block in the shipment chain once the part has been shipped. I've had parts shipped to my dealer in a trailer that was being shipped to the dealer. That made the trip for parts pretty quick. Eleven weeks for a replacement part is far too long. Your dealer should have been more pro-active in getting the part.Otherthanthe sluggish broker, theonly reason for the delay is if the part was not available for immediate delivery.Keep ragging the dealers butt to get that part from Toronto, now that it'sin Canada.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:46 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

It hasn't been 11 weeks for this part, they have had to order parts on three separate occasions to complete work. Each time taking more than 2 weeks.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:00 AM   #4
Site Team

It's mainly because of customs. Doesn't make any difference which way the order/shipment is going. It "ALL" gets hung up in customs.I have experienced the same thing when ever I have had to order something that comes "out" of Canada.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:46 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I've had the problem. 2 weeks to get replacement axles. I was annoyed, but told the same thing about customs, plus the fact that the factory has 'downtime' in the summer for vacation.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:51 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Several years ago I ordered a light bar from Canada it took four months for it to clear customs

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:57 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

I live in Indiana and my two warranty issues for my 2011 Slingshot have both resulted in unacceptable (to me) wait times for parts delivery. One was for the exhaust fan in the bathroom (took over 3 months to receive) an the other is for a replacement for one of my taillights (have not received yet). I don't work in the RV business, but both of those parts seem like they should be readily available. I originally wanted to blame the dealer/service center, but after reading some of the posts on the forum I am beginning to wonder if the problem is with Crossroads.

2011 Slingshot 29BHS

https://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/...29BHwithTV.jpg
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:16 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

BOth of those items are off the shelf items. If it coming from CrossRoads give them a call, they can tell you if it was ordered or not. or if it was shipped

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:41 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

I ordered a replacement sheet of paneling and got it within 4 days of ordering it. Strange how that works.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizajane
has anyone else north of the border (Canada) had problems with the lengthof time it is taking to get parts from Indiana to the dealer? Our Cruiser has been @ dealer now for over 11 weeks. Each time the service dept orders parts it is 2 weeks or longer receiving them.

The parts we are now waiting for are still sitting @ broker in Toronto. They left Indiana on Aug 17..

Eliza Jane: Working in Canada for many years and bringing parts across the border as a daily routine I know that the slowdown is typically due to 2 root issues:

a) Getting the supplier to ship them ( sometimes this is an issue)

and b) Always an issue with the brokers - unless the order is a type of good which is regularly shipped across the border the typical custom broker takes 2 to 3 weeks to process the imported item - two things have to happen for it to be quicker: 1) all the paperwork has to be perfect, and 2) someone from the receiving company has to call the broker at least once a day ( twice a day is better).

My advice - bug your dealer to death so that they bug the broker to death. This worked for me when I needed a replacement awning under warranty a couple of years ago. ( The part still took two weeks - but only two days nce I stated the bug routine of calling every day).

2012 335SS

2009 Chev 2500HD 6.0 L gas
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:05 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Yes, I have spent thebest part of summer bugging the dealer.lWas assuredby Randy Nielson ( who apparantly no longer works @ crossroads) parts needed to complete work were shipped on Aug 17 and all border paperwork was completed.On Aug. 30,I find out the parts are sitting @ brokers in Toronto with 2 addresses on it. After numerous calls to Crossroads and dealer, the part is to be overnighted to dealer so work can be completed. Well, overnighted actually was 2 overnights.

Once arriving @ dealer (Canadawide Rv in Saint John NB), we are left waiting for dealer to find time to complete work.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizajane
Once arriving @ dealer (Canadawide Rv in Saint John NB), we are left waiting for dealer to find time to complete work.

After all the waiting that you had to put up with, your dealer shouldn't be finding time to do the repair, but instead, making time to do it.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

It is a tough call between Encouraging the service manager to fullfil his promises and taking a baseball bat to him to make an example of him Hope it all gets done quickly!

Edited by: Chrisnan23

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:35 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

well, the dealer got back @ working on my Cruiser....guess what? they need another part ....this time it's being Fedex to them....next weekend is the last one the campground we stay at is open....we might get it back in time to winterize