Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2009, 07:30 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

The big red stripe on my 2005 Cruiser CF28RL is beginning to peel off. I'm hoping someone can tell me how can I repair or replace the peeling graphics? The problem is on the corner of the bedroom slide. I tried to do a search but had no luck. Edited by: towhead
towhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:36 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

On my sil different brand just went to a sign maker , he matched it up perfect and installed it I think for $75.00

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Our '05 Cruiser graphics are junk also. Would putting the '07 -'08 graphics be an option? I.E. since the new graphics are different size and shape than the old graphics, will you be able to see where the old graphics were after they are removed?

Sparky Dachshund/Beagle & doxi's Sami & Dexter

Cruiser CF29BT, 08 F250, Lariat

https://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...250DESKTOP.jpg

dsaalease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:03 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaalease
will you be able to see where the old graphics were after they are removed?

Hey Denny, I believe it would depend on how much (if any) yellowing the Filon has done. If it's peeling already, maybe expose a new small area and see if you notice a difference. If you do, you may try a mild polish. Good luck.

Bailey, the Lap Cocker Spaniel

07 Cruiser 30SK

07 Dodge CTD 5.9 3500 QC 4x4

https://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...andcamper2.jpg

&lt
Cobra909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:41 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I tried to claim the graphics on my PP to CR before the 2 years were up. I read on other forums that there was a problem with graphics from many different manufactures. The cracking was also more between the supports of the gel coat and heat may have been the problem. My dealer submitted a work order and CR refused to pay because of the cost of labor. However, CR would send me the graphics and they did as this was my only choice in this matter. This is a sore spot and one of the things CR should have come to the table on. With the downward trend of the RV market this is one of the ways to save money.

I have removed the red colored graphics as it was staining the side of the gel coat. I have since started to remove the gray ones too as they are cracking and look like crap. To remove the graphics from the trailer is very time consuming. I feel the cost of labor is why CR told me to stick it and would only send me the red graphics. At the rate it is going I will be pulling a white box with the CR logo on the cap.

I did try to replace one of the graphics as after I cleaned the old graphic off but it was beyond my skill level and messed it up. In time I may think about having someone paint the strips on the trailer.

I wish you all the luck in the world in getting CR to remove the old ones and replace the old cracking ones with new.

This and some issues with my roof along the front cap have soured my relationship with CR warranty and Costumer Service. However, we enjoy our trailer and if I were to look at another CR product it would be much more carefully than I did with this one.

george

Old 02-11-2009, 06:45 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

We also went to a sign shop. It was fairly cheap and they were able to design, cut out and then install in just a few days. Edited by: MajandMrs

12 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
MajandMrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:55 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

O.K. , Sign shop it is. Thanks everyone.
towhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra909
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaalease
will you be able to see where the old graphics were after they are removed?

Hey Denny, I believe it would depend on how much (if any) yellowing the Filon has done.

I think its has started to yellow some. Sitting in the sun has been tough on it. When we lived in Ohio, I stored it inside a building at the county fairground during the winter which could help. The original graphics on the Cruisers were a cheaper graphic. The later Cruiser's use a 10 year (I think) material that will look better longer, we were told this at the '07 rally by CrossRoads. BTW, if the filon is yellowing, what options are there to bring the white back? I use Meguiers fiberglass wax on it twice yearly, anything else someone can recommend?

Old 02-11-2009, 09:49 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Denny check with a boat shop on getting back the white color. They have to restore a lot of white from discolored stains caused by water
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Good idea Frank. All I need is some cleaner and beer, lots of beer!!!