Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2016, 09:55 AM   #1
New Camper

Plumbing Question

I just bought a used, new to me a 2013 Crossroads Z-1 218 TD. I am a novice with modern RVs. On this model, which water sources flow into the blackwater tank and which flow into the graywater tank? This model has shower, bathroom sink, toilet and kitchen sink. Thanks.
dezertracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:18 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Only the toilet goes to black water, everything else goes to gray or galley if you also have a galley.

Bob and Better Half

2007 F-250 PSD, SW, CC, LB, 2WD
2006 TF32SS Cross Terrain Toy Hauler (sold)
Reese 16k slider
r2millers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:20 AM   #3
Site Team

The only thing that should go into the black tank, is what gets flushed down the toilet.
Grey tank/tanks should only have the shower and sinks.

Check it out tho just for your own peace of mind. Cross Roads has been know to pull some pretty bad boners.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 05:07 PM   #4
New Camper

Thanks, Bob. I tried finding some plans and the plumbing is all covered up, so this helps me deal with dry Camping. Ned.
dezertracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:37 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Yea as above stated: correct. For your own peace of mind; with the black tank cleaned. Open the dump valve then have someone flush the toilet. Water should come out. Then have them to turn water on at each sink one at a time. Nothing else should come out. Then close black tank valve and open gray tank valve and repeat the above.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:30 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezertracer View Post
Thanks, Bob. I tried finding some plans and the plumbing is all covered up, so this helps me deal with dry Camping. Ned.
The other, my two pulls very mis marked and black was gray and visa versa. Clear type elbow at the end helped me figure the mistake. You don't want to drain the gray first. That would be a bit of a mess.

I like your "handle " name. Seeing you from NV, I'm an old District 37 racer from a ways back. The Rosseler and Ogilvie days. Maybe a bit longer back then I'd like to admit.

Enjoy your new ride.

Bob and Better Half

Reese 16k slider
Old 09-13-2016, 11:50 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Bob...I don't mean to steal the thread, but I too raced D37 way back - 1972-1975 including one at Riverside Raceway (when it was there). The names you mentioned were very familiar. Still have a box of trophies somewhere in the garage. Fond memories.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:23 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
Bob...I don't mean to steal the thread, but I too raced D37 way back - 1972-1975 including one at Riverside Raceway (when it was there). The names you mentioned were very familiar. Still have a box of trophies somewhere in the garage. Fond memories.
Very cool Stan. Yes I raced in the late seventies, early eighties before breaking my back. Now at 23 broken bones after my kids jumped on bikes and motocross got into my blood.

You must have raced the old Great Bear GP at Riverside.
I was with the Viewfinders and we put that same race after they gave it up around 1980.

Kinda neat driving around the track when we set up the race. The old days when it was still there and Les Richter owned it.

I too have those old boxes of trophies, finisher pins, etc. Just can't seem to throw them out. Still too fresh in my memory.

Bob and Better Half

Reese 16k slider
Old 09-13-2016, 09:56 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
A collection of OLD race cars . . .
Trophies, ScrapBooks for each in boxs sitting in each OLD Racer
Great Grandkids 'ill probably just sell everything off . . .