Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2016, 05:56 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Polaris generator P3000 ei

Looking at a polaris P3000ei generator to power our Cruiser at a Times. Wondering if there is anyone out there that has one with some hours on it. Opinions are encouraged
Troddleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:03 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Don't know anything about them. One of the main things you need to consider is how quiet the generator is. A loud generator in a campground is frowned upon. I personally have two Honda 2000's with the parallel kit to link them together. A lot easier to lift two smaller ones then one big one in my opinion. I also like the fact I can use one around the house when doing outside projects. For me it just gives me a lot more opportunities to use them more. Also when you have them linked together with the parallel
kit you can start either one when running lights or just charging the battery or you can start both if your going to run the AC. Good luck with your choice.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:48 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I agree with what Papa-T said. Adding to his post, if one generator doesn't start, it is more than likely the second will start and you will have at least some power. Also, you have a pretty good chance of finding Honda parts/service in just about any town you may be in. The downside is cost. A dual Honda EU2000 set up is at least $2000. That much money is a little out of my reach for now. Hopefully some day.
BMVillines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 10:35 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I purchased my two Hondas in 2010 and have been pleased with them. Yea they run approximately $2000 for both but like always you get what you pay for. You can purchase a cheaper generator but make sure you check the sound dB ratings unless you will be camping away from campgrounds in secluded areas.this is the specs from Honda on the 2000: .................................................. ..............::Tech Notes: At only 46.3 lbs, the EU2000i utilizes Honda's "state of the art" inverter technology to provide 2000 watts of lightweight, quiet and efficient power. This generator will run up to 15 hours on a single tank of gas when used with the Eco-Throttle feature. This easy starting generator produces only 45.9dB of sound at 7 meters with a full load, which is less than the rating of common speech. The Honda Inverter Technology makes this generator ideally suited for use with sensitive electronics (e.g., computer, fax, printer, and telephone, stereo) because the generator produces a clean sine wave of energy that prevents surging. To prevent any possible damage to the unit, the Oil Alert will shut the unit off when the oil drops below a safe operating level. The unit also has a DC terminal for use when charging 12-volt automotive type batteries.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Old 10-07-2016, 12:58 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

I have had the same Polaris unit for about a year, but not to travel with. I use it for emergency power at home. Have used it one time with great results. Not quite as quiet as my Yamaha, but not loud at all.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:22 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Thanks all for your input. I have heard one run an it is quieter than the 4000 onan that was in our motor home, mostly due to the invertor style. I am Polaris branded but they are fairly new to this market. Hard to steer away from the long lived Honda. I pulled the trigger on one last night so we will see how well it holds up. I am going to use it in the Cruiser and as a backup unit for our home.. so hopefully it gets enough run time.
Troddleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:17 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Let us know how it does.