Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2016, 08:15 AM   #1
New Camper

Angry Poor Customer Service

I am sorry to post this, but I have been very patient with everyone involved. My husband and I bought a Crossroads Zinger 5th wheel and picked it up November 2013. We recently had a flat tire and realized at that point that the spare tire that was issued with the camper is not actually the correct size for our camper which left us stranded without a spare. This is not actually my complaint. I have reached out to the store that we purchased the camper from, they have been bought out and will no longer assist us. I contacted the store that we picked the camper up from and they say they cannot assist us. My last ditch effort was to reach out to Crossroads. I have been told by their representative that the camper is "out-of-warranty" and they cannot assist us. This was a manufacturing issue and of course we wouldn't realize that the tire wouldn't fit until we tried to use it. What ever happened to companies standing by their mistakes! All we want is the spare tire that fits our camper!
thebutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:56 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Bet that would be an issue ! and you are correct to expect some response from them...

I've always said, things DO go wrong, and how a person/company responds tells you more about the company than the issue itself.

but for many owners spare tires are a luxury - I couldn't imagine where I would store a 22.5 inch tire and wheel, much less pull it out and try to mount it myself

That $150 a year roadside assistance sounds purty good to me in those instances... good luck to you...
Old 11-07-2016, 11:00 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

More than likely a dealer removed the spare and than replaced it with the wrong onw
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:30 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhenn View Post
More than likely a dealer removed the spare and than replaced it with the wrong onw
Very likely, in that a failing business (about to be bought out) would pull some stinky tricks like this as the cash flow dwindles to a drip.
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 12:49 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Goes back to that 4 letter word our parents wouldn't let us say growing up...CANT!
The cost involved here is negligible for Thor/Crossroads, regardless of dealer.
Now it's about doing the right thing for the Customer.
I now, just can't imagine the company doing the right thing for the customer and show their customers what Customer Service is really about, rather then finding ways to ignore, neglect, or show their true/poor customer service colors, etc.
I'd ask the question...what would that person who said no or can't, say or do if the CEO was standing right behind them watching?
If that no decision was supported by the person at the top...Thor is in a world of hurt!

Bob and Better Half

2007 F-250 PSD, SW, CC, LB, 2WD
2006 TF32SS Cross Terrain Toy Hauler (sold)
Reese 16k slider
r2millers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 12:51 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

I had to put up a HUGE stink to get a spare tire crank handle for our new rig last spring. The dealer finally "did me a favor" and gave me one. Not good service at all.
dedmiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 12:57 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Like several above, I'd guess that this was a dealer problem. Unfortunately you're learning a good lesson the hard way. Having been stranded once by believing the dealer wouldn't give me the wrong parts, I won't let it happen again. No matter what I'm towing, I always verify that my spares are the proper size, on the proper rim, at the proper PSI and in usable condition.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:23 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Beside the customer service issue, checking tire pressure regularly is important including the spare tire, otherwise even the correct spare can be useless. I check mine before each trip. Also, the rubber valve stems used on RVs are very poor quality and can fail within a few yrs, so another spare tire risk. I use only metal valve stems.

Even name brand ST tire manufacturers state that tires may need replacement after 3 years. So after you get the right spare tire and wheel, change to metal valve stems, check pressure on all tires and replace them after 3 yrs.
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty issue?