Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2013, 12:58 AM   #21
Weekend Camper

... thanks Lloyd for the reminder to sendan update!

I will post a short review of the trip later this week, but we did get back on the 28th. A great trip and all went very well, truck, trailer, itinerary, etc, etc. 2517 miles, sea level to 10,840' !

Colorado was fantastic...Durango, Silverton, Ouray! Our dog (Dallas was part of the family and enjoyed the adventure as much as we did! Colorado is VERY pet friendly.

All the preventative work made a difference.... temps driving up at 106 dgrees, storm with 70mph winds, truck never missed a beat and all vital signs stayed perfect. Invested in a laser temperature gun for the wheels/tires...:-) although I knew what temp the tires etc were at, I didn't know what a good temp was, so called son to google it as we drove to see what a typicaltemp was :-). just watched for any variances and all was good, even on the 10% grade hill. One trailer wheel was a litte hotter so guess the brakes were dragging a bit more than the other 3.

The advice / repairs to the power plug was perfect. Never an issue with power (we had sustained temps exceeding 100 a few days). Plug remained clean with no arcing or corrosion. I did investin a power surge protector too.

Left Father's day and son drove in from Dallas to meetin Alvarado TX for lunch! Very nice day.

The feedback, suggestions and ideas from the forum was great!

Will post more details later about campgrounds, roads, sites, pics, ... highs/lows etc

Rich

Texas4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:39 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

Rich, good to hear all went well.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:20 AM   #23
Site Team

Rich it is good to hear from you. I was starting to think maybe they kept you out there in CO.
Glad all went well, and looking forward to some pics.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote