Old 09-15-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
New Camper

I just recieved my new 2011 CF30SKP. First off I changed my vacation date ahead two weeks just to accommodate the factory delivery date. Then it showed up seven days late. The dealer prepped it and turned it over the very next day with a full compliment of verbal instructions.

When we got to our destination we found that the screen door would not stayed closed because the alluminum door jam was bent inward 1/2 inch inward away from the door latch. The opposite side of the door the jam was bent inward so badly you could fit your hand through.

My wife had all of our bedding piled up in front of the "New type drawer bottom sofabed". eccept for one small detail, they forgot to put the drawer in..

The rainsensor fan in the bedroom when closed all the way down I could see the security light on the corner through the bottom of the lid.

When opening the Kitchen cabinet drawers I was astonished at the lousy quality of the drawer boxes. The edges were so ruff it would take the skin off your hands.

There wer greasy hand prints on the ceiling above the bed, on the walls and all over the outside awning.

What ever happened to quality control. When you pay $40,000 for an RV you should at least expect to get what you pay for.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:29 AM   #2
New Camper

In addition the also forgot to install the compartment for the sewer hose. Of course I did't find out until we left. Had to go out and by a special sealed bin to contain the used hose. What a trip this was.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:41 AM   #3
Site Team

I agree. Quality control some times is a forgotten commodity.
When you took delivery, how good was the PDI you had them perform for you?

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:28 AM   #4
New Camper

Obviously not very good. They missed the big dent in the front door jam. I think their main objective was to check for leaks in the water lines and tanks.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:49 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Both Crossroads and your dealer failed you. Please understand, your dealer recieves a lengthy PDI sheet from Crossroads directly that must be completed/signed.

Some of the issues are just a poor dealer compounding poor factory quality.

I sure hope this isn't the new Crossroads under the new excecutive they brought over after they fired (let go of) Mark. Lets hope you recieved a momentary blip in the QC department. Edited by: mwebber78
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

I am sorry to hear about all of your troubles with your new trailer. I guess could be put on the dealer and maybe yourself but I think you are right on target with the quality issue. I have read some that CR has come and picked up their trailer and taken it back to the factory for repair and others had taken their units back to the dealer and have them sit while waiting for parts to arrive and with any camping left going fast this could be the end of the season for you.

When I got my unit the dealer told me CR was started by a couple of guys leaving the big boy RV makers to create a great quality unit. They only had two choices the cruiser and the PP. Well in 05 Thor,, one of the big boy RV makes bought this line and the rest is history. Now they have one basic platform with five different names. Oh ya plus the light weights and park models. They have gotten to big and fast. With that the quality goes with it. Now with all that being said CR service is second to non in most cases and posted here numerous times but you also see people leaving for different campers.

Bottom line I hope CR fixes your trailer without any hassle and headache on your part.
george

Old 09-15-2010, 02:46 PM   #7
New Camper

As someone who is considering purchasing a new 2011 cruiser, this truly worries me. How could a unit with this many flaws pass any kind of quality control inspection? Does anyone from CR monitor this forum? Anyway, please keep us informed regarding a resolution to your problems.

Mark...
mbauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:30 PM   #8
New Camper

The repairs are being made as we speak. The sofa supposedly is on order.

'Ill believe that when it's delivered. I can really blame the local dealer because he's been right on the money with his promises and the conditions of the sale. I blame all of this on the factory. How do you put a complete door system in and not realize that there is a large dent in the frame, and that the screen door would'nt stay closed.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:45 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

Our used 2006 Cruiser had some issues when we bought it last year, some due to age but I can tell some due to lousy construction! ....... ah well, in our camping group everyone seems to have some issue with their rigs, no matter what the manufacturer!

When I complain about it all, my friend Norm laughs and reminds me "It's a life style!!"

Edited by: efavilajr
efavilajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:13 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Anything built by human hands is subject to issues. Toyota recalls 9,000,000 cars, two Space Shuttles blow up, need I say more? The dealer should have and easily could have detected the door issue. Poor delivery inspection when they received your unit.

How many of us on here have had little to no problems with their Crossroads RV products? My biggest concern is whether or not Crossroads stands behind one of the best warranties in the business. From my very limited personal experience over the past 13 months the answer is an unqualified YES! I have had things replaced, such as a leaking air mattress, almost without question. I don't think you can make a return at Wal-Mart that easily.

I am not trying to beat up on the OP but how did he miss the door issue at PDI?

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote