Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
New Camper

I just recieved my new 2011 CF30SKP. First off I changed my vacation date ahead two weeks just to accommodate the factory delivery date. Then it showed up seven days late. The dealer prepped it and turned it over the very next day with a full compliment of verbal instructions.

When we got to our destination we found that the screen door would not stayed closed because the alluminum door jam was bent inward 1/2 inch inward away from the door latch. The opposite side of the door the jam was bent inward so badly you could fit your hand through.

My wife had all of our bedding piled up in front of the "New type drawer bottom sofabed". eccept for one small detail, they forgot to put the drawer in..

The rainsensor fan in the bedroom when closed all the way down I could see the security light on the corner through the bottom of the lid.

When opening the Kitchen cabinet drawers I was astonished at the lousy quality of the drawer boxes. The edges were so ruff it would take the skin off your hands.

There wer greasy hand prints on the ceiling above the bed, on the walls and all over the outside awning.

What ever happened to quality control. When you pay $40,000 for an RV you should at least expect to get what you pay for.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:29 AM   #2
New Camper

In addition the also forgot to install the compartment for the sewer hose. Of course I did't find out until we left. Had to go out and by a special sealed bin to contain the used hose. What a trip this was.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:41 AM   #3
Site Team

I agree. Quality control some times is a forgotten commodity.
When you took delivery, how good was the PDI you had them perform for you?

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:28 AM   #4
New Camper

Obviously not very good. They missed the big dent in the front door jam. I think their main objective was to check for leaks in the water lines and tanks.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:49 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Both Crossroads and your dealer failed you. Please understand, your dealer recieves a lengthy PDI sheet from Crossroads directly that must be completed/signed.

Some of the issues are just a poor dealer compounding poor factory quality.

I sure hope this isn't the new Crossroads under the new excecutive they brought over after they fired (let go of) Mark. Lets hope you recieved a momentary blip in the QC department. Edited by: mwebber78
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

I am sorry to hear about all of your troubles with your new trailer. I guess could be put on the dealer and maybe yourself but I think you are right on target with the quality issue. I have read some that CR has come and picked up their trailer and taken it back to the factory for repair and others had taken their units back to the dealer and have them sit while waiting for parts to arrive and with any camping left going fast this could be the end of the season for you.

When I got my unit the dealer told me CR was started by a couple of guys leaving the big boy RV makers to create a great quality unit. They only had two choices the cruiser and the PP. Well in 05 Thor,, one of the big boy RV makes bought this line and the rest is history. Now they have one basic platform with five different names. Oh ya plus the light weights and park models. They have gotten to big and fast. With that the quality goes with it. Now with all that being said CR service is second to non in most cases and posted here numerous times but you also see people leaving for different campers.

Bottom line I hope CR fixes your trailer without any hassle and headache on your part.
george

Old 09-15-2010, 02:46 PM   #7
New Camper

As someone who is considering purchasing a new 2011 cruiser, this truly worries me. How could a unit with this many flaws pass any kind of quality control inspection? Does anyone from CR monitor this forum? Anyway, please keep us informed regarding a resolution to your problems.

Mark...
mbauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:30 PM   #8
New Camper

The repairs are being made as we speak. The sofa supposedly is on order.

'Ill believe that when it's delivered. I can really blame the local dealer because he's been right on the money with his promises and the conditions of the sale. I blame all of this on the factory. How do you put a complete door system in and not realize that there is a large dent in the frame, and that the screen door would'nt stay closed.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:45 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

Our used 2006 Cruiser had some issues when we bought it last year, some due to age but I can tell some due to lousy construction! ....... ah well, in our camping group everyone seems to have some issue with their rigs, no matter what the manufacturer!

When I complain about it all, my friend Norm laughs and reminds me "It's a life style!!"

Edited by: efavilajr
efavilajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:13 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Anything built by human hands is subject to issues. Toyota recalls 9,000,000 cars, two Space Shuttles blow up, need I say more? The dealer should have and easily could have detected the door issue. Poor delivery inspection when they received your unit.

How many of us on here have had little to no problems with their Crossroads RV products? My biggest concern is whether or not Crossroads stands behind one of the best warranties in the business. From my very limited personal experience over the past 13 months the answer is an unqualified YES! I have had things replaced, such as a leaking air mattress, almost without question. I don't think you can make a return at Wal-Mart that easily.

I am not trying to beat up on the OP but how did he miss the door issue at PDI?

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:28 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Interesting. When I received my unit I saw it the day it was delivered prior to dealer prep. Nice and shiny but there were some items that obviously needed to be addressed. I noted them but did not discuss with my dealer. When we went through the PDI they had addressed every item I had noted, and then they pointed out the ceiling. Oops. I missed that issue, but they had already ordered a replacement. The PDI easily took 3 hours. This is an example of </span>great customer service, and this is how these trailers should be inspected and prepared for delivery.

I don't know if you pressured your dealer so you could leave on vacation thereby not allowing enough time for proper prep, but if so then you bear part of the responsibility. The dealer is in large measure wrong here. They are the second line of quality control and are paid to take care of factory oops. Clearly did not happen. If it had, then anything missing would have already been ordered prior to or immediately after the PDI.

Agreed Crossroads should not have let the unit off their premises with a bad door frame. Other issues mentioned hopefully are addressed at the factory by their quality control, but that is why the dealer is the second line of defense for the factory. I totally agree with Art. The true measure is not if there were issues, because there will always be something that needs to be addressed. The measure is whether the manufacturer and/or dealer stand behind the product. Based on my personal experience with a water line that blew while in West Virginia and the hot water heater fire, I have to say that Crossroads met or exceeded my expectations. That is priceless in my book.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:06 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

A lot can happen between the time a unit ships from the factory to customer delivery. Given the said issues are all items that are easily seen, they should have been corrected or at least noted to the customer prior to the owner finding them. Thus leaving the owner with the decision to either leave the unit for repair and postponing closing, or close and schedule a time after the vacation for the repairs to be complete. Surprises like this are never pleasant.

It's like a waitress or waiter blaming the kitchen for bringing fries instead of mashed potatoes.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:10 AM   #13
Seasonal Camper

Count me as one who has had little to no issues with our camper, The one issue we had ( Very big issue but fixed in four days and went above and beyond ) is way behind us.
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:22 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

Count me as one with very few issues with two Cruisers. Dealer should have caught or repaired most of these items and contacted factory for sofa issue before you ever saw the trailer.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:05 AM   #15
Family Vacation Member

We have had units from a variety of vendors...Jayco, Cedar Creek, Alumascape, Carriage, Cardinal and at this point Crossroads is still at the top of my list for the product received for the dollar paid. We have had our share of things needed to be fixed on our current unit but they were all fixed to our satisfaction and without restricting our use of the unit. The Crossroads warranty is as good as it gets or at least one of the very best. The factory support is as good or better than any I've seen. If Crossroads (or any manufacturer) implemented the quality control requested here I'm afraid the price of the rig would be out of range for me. Considering the number of Crossroads products out there, only a few are mentioned on this forum because of failures. Crossroads construction is still one of the best in the industry. How many other manufacturers can you think of that have a 20-page brochure showing the construction of their products??? For those that have issue with the quality of construction of the Crossroads products, please tell us all the name of the manufacturer that has better quality control andhas less failure rate, and keep it in the same price range as the Crossroads.

The quality of the dealer howeveris a serious issue. I think in order for the manufacturer to keep the price within reason they have to somewhat rely on the dealer network to act as their final quality control. Judging from some of the posts, many owners, through no fault of their own, have really come up short.

I also would like better quality control but for the price range of this RV, this isprobably as good as we can expect.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:35 AM   #16
Seasonal Camper

the dealer gets paid to ready a unit for delivery, a small amount, if the unit needs to be fixed it's part of the inspection process, if the deliver the unit and then it returns it's a warranty issue, much better profit for them.......old trick that car dealers use, just get i sold then fix the problem......I have had 3 crossroads 5th wheels, and a few other brands, the crossroads factory service is by far above the norm, but for the most part their dealers are loke the rest of them....not so good........

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:41 AM   #17
Family Vacation Member

Where was your dealer? They should have picked up these issues, possibly they rushed through the PDI. After touring the factory, I find it hard to believe that they would send it out like that. Could these damages have happened at the dealership!!! As for the missing parts, the dealer we purchased from removed items from our trailer for another customer and blamed it on Crossroads and it was not until we talked to one of the parts staff we found out the truth. I still think that they provide an excellent product for the money. Their after service is second to none. I would recommend Crossroads to anyone.

Rob,Sue&Cyndi

2008 Dodge 3500 6.7
RSCREES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:22 AM   #18
Full Time Camper

And what if the door was damaged by the transit dirver? A lot of that sort of thing happens as they are independent contractors.

We never had to take our unit back, but then I fix anything that needs fixed.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:33 AM   #19
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnan23
And what if the door was damaged by the transit dirver? A lot of that sort of thing happens as they are independent contractors.

Cough , Cough Mail box
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:08 AM   #20
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoguy1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnan23

Cough , Cough Mail box
I seem to recall a new mail box delivered at a factory rally....

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote