Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
New Camper

My wife and myself went through the process of reviewing a used RV's within British Columbia ,with a fixed budget in mind. We like most couples with young kids wanted something that was easy to drive and would sleep a minimum of two adults + two kids and maybe our kids friends in the event they decided to join us i.e. 6 sleeping arrangements. We went through various websites i.e. either privately and or via dealers and both came with their own issues. Private owners may give you a cheaper option to own but they may not be aware on how to take care of their unit properly i.e. where in one owner continuously kept their Class C on a grass pad as opposed to concrete. This resulted in moisture being absorbed by the RV and it evaporating via the roof (resulting in the roof being too spongy or soft to the touch from the outside). Then again there were dealers that thought we were the idiots and tried to treat us as such. In any case, since we had a trade in of a trailer we were limited to initially purchasing it via a dealer since they were the only ones that could offer us a trade in. After several months of negotiating with games being played by traders in giving us a lower amount for our travel trailer while charging us a higher amount for the Class C that we liked (some even attempted to sell us Class A's knowing fully well that we were in the market for a 6 sleeper unit and their units could only sleep 4 at most). I learnt one very valuable lesson, that if you can arrange to sell slightly higher than NADA (this is the guide that they use to give you a value for your used unit www.nadaguides.com) then sell it by all means to a private party. In the end we sold our travel trailer to someone privately and charged them what we would have got via a dealer plus little extra what we would have benefitted from our taxes. Now with money in our hand we went to a few dealers. I can tell you that I never want to deal with the sales people of some of the dealers, their dealing with you will leave you with a bad taste in your mouth for a long time to come.

The one dealer that I would strongly recommend from my experience is Go West RV. I knew what I wanted , I knew what I wanted to pay and I knew what options I wanted with my Class C. They helped me to get everything and beyond. Their service staff went above and beyond in fixing some of the smaller issues that come with a used RV i.e. broken locks or sensors not working or just plain light bulbs getting fused. Ask for Ron when purchasing a RV at Go West and ask for "B" when going to service your RV at Go West. Great team and I will go back to them in a jiffy.
trevd67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:11 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

This was very interesting; however, Go West RV has no travel trailers, much less any Crossroads RVs. Just another form of spam.
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
CrossroadsRV Rally 2013 & 2014 - Northeast Crossroads Rally 2014 - Mason-Dixon Rally 2014
BODERRVING is offline   Reply With Quote