Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

The large slide out on my CF29RE goes out fine but when its fully retracted the slideout floor is about 1.5" higher than the regular floor, it seems to be sealing when it goes out or in, nothing is obstructing the slide in anyway, anybody have any ideas to correct this?
kylied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:06 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I dont believe you have a problem. My slide when all the way in measures about 1 1/4 inch above however thats with carpet.This is part of why they do not like you to step on the edge when the slide is in. If you watch your slide as well when it comes in the top meets first then the bottom tightens up. They are balanced that way so that they do not need motors or linkagetop and bottom.In addition the floor is tapered at the edge so that when it slips into the edge of the pan it will lay flush. Hope this helps.

2019 Volante 240RL
mapachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

I know as my slide comes in I can watch it come in what appears to be level and then at the very end, it appears to lift slightly as it seals. This is part of how I know it is all the way in.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

This is the way the slide works and is normal.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:48 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thank you for the replies to my question, this reassures me that I don't have a problem with my slideout.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:48 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

I should have been more clear about my question, it just recently started to raise the 1.5'' as it never raised this high before.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:57 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylied
I should have been more clear about my question, it just recently started to raise the 1.5'' as it never raised this high before.
Mine has done the same thing. Maybe you have pulled it in a little tighter then you initially did.
It's also possible the lock nut on the bell stop wasn't tight and it has allowed the bell to move.
How tight to the outside is it when you pull it in? Do you know if that has changed from before?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:24 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

I have noticed that the stop can does not have a looknut that is tight to it in fact its about 2.25" from the stopcan. This could be my problem if the locknut should be tight to it, as for the outside tightness I see no difference, it seals very well, its goes out fully extended, and retracts well also, except for the 1.5'' above the regular floor, which it never did before.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

I've noticed a slightly higher lift when the two sliders are in but I've not really been to concerned about it. The tops of the slides make contact with the trailer body first and begin to seal. As the slide continues to close, the bottom of the slide begins to tilt up causing the floor edge to raise. On our 5vr, the sliderfloor edgesare about an inch off of the floor when the sliders are fully closed. Personally, I think that this ok because it means that I'm getting a good seal around the sliders.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:38 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Think about how the slide has to operate. It is a flush floor slide when it is extended. That means when it is retracted, it has to lift up by at least the thickness of the slide floor in order to come in over the top of the trailer floor. This will make it set an 1-1/2" higher when closed. JMHO.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:44 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

The only thing I can add to the topic is be sure not to step on he raised lart as it is just plywod and could crack. When on the road we do sometimes have lunch and push the slide out about 1/2 to 3/4 to get around to eat and the kitchen area. But like all have said this is all normal