Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2018, 09:57 PM   #1
New Camper

Smile Rear-mounted bike rack

Howdy, own a 2010 Crossroads Cruiser 5th wheeler and are looking at mounting a bike rack over the rear window - mounting points above and below window. Has anyone done this and/or knows if there are pre-installed mounting points to fix a rack to? Waiting to hear back from Crossroads RV. Cheers.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:31 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Dave
I have a bike rack mount on the rear bumper of my 5th wheel, but am having a hard time visualizing the mount you are talking about...Do you have pictures of the rack you are talking about...? If I am reading your post correctly, I personally would not mount anything to the back wall of my camper that would be bouncing around as I was driving down the road...IMHO...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:23 AM   #3
New Camper

Cheers Tommy,
I am of same line of thought as you - wall not strong enough, waiting to hear back from Crossroads as to are there any pre-installed fixing points inside the wall (unlikely). Have a bloody big toolbox mounted on rear bumper so now looking at bike rack/rails to mount to lid. Oh well, happy trails.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:00 PM   #4
Site Team

Just curious where was your cruiser built? Was it imported or does Crossroads have a factory there? Also is a bike rack mounted to the back wall a common practice there? A while back I watched a video of some campers being built for export and they were a lot different -eg- the entry doors on the opposite side. Is there anyway you could post a picture of your Cruiser so we could see what you have?

And Welcome from the states!
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote