Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2015, 09:10 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Replacement Televisions

Getting geared up for the spring camping season, and I need to replace my 32" televisions due to a burglary that we had over the New Years holiday.

First question I have, can I replace with any brand that will fit in the area they are mounted or are there any special features I'll require that require the OEM model (Sansui SLED 3200)
Second, I assume there are some sort of mounting bracket needed, where can I get these at? The thieves just unscrewed the from the mounts and carried them away.

Thanks in advance and happy camping to everyone!
2011 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 CTD
4kids2dogs&RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:18 PM   #2
Site Team

Any LED that fits will work. I don't know of any special requirements, our bedroom tv is off the shelf. Brackets can be purchased almost anywhere Best Buy, Walmart, online. Try to look at the pattern that was on the wall and see if you can match it to your new TV. Good luck.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:59 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Just got a Samsung smart 32" for the kitchen... which is probably light years ahead of your sansui

and got a great qualcomm all motion mount from amazon...

only caveat for an rv is maybe getting a locking mount to stop movement ????
Old 02-09-2015, 11:48 AM   #4
Site Team

Locking mount is important, or have some way to bungee it in place to prevent movement.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:47 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

on my 305 skp, I replaced with new 32 inch samsung actually it took up less room than the old one because there wasnt a lot of trim around it. If they took the complete bracket from the wall you would need a locking one to replace it. What I did also was to add two straps with quick disconnects that go around the tv and added foam pads to each strap so it doesnt marr front of tv, helps hold the tv so it doesnt move around while traveling. If you did that you most likely would not have to get a locking mount. Just one that pulls out and swivels. Just make sure it has the right bolt pattern to match the back of the tv.

shoe2728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:11 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Sorry to hear you got your tv ripped off. They must have been hard up because we have the same Sansui and theyr'e not worth a whole lot

You can grab a 32 Samsung on ebay for $209 right now here shipped to your door

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN32EH...3534165&sr=1-5

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:32 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Thanks all for the info.
These guys were professionals, they unscrewed them from the mounts, I have one that swivels between the living room and bedroom. The other in the bunk room mounts to the ceiling and folds down. And has a strap that holds it in. They even left the screws on the floor and didn't damage any of the cables.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:45 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
Thanks all for the info.
These guys were professionals, they unscrewed them from the mounts, I have one that swivels between the living room and bedroom. The other in the bunk room mounts to the ceiling and folds down. And has a strap that holds it in. They even left the screws on the floor and didn't damage any of the cables.
Conscientious thieves, how thoughtful of them. Sounds dumb I know but they could have just tore everything up. I hate a thief.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:26 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Picked up a couple of 32" Seiki LED TVs, they matched up perfectly with the mounts, but had to run to a big box store for new screws to mount them.
For less than 2 Benjamin's each, they seem to be a better set than the OEM models, but I'm sure that's no surprise.
Couldn't justify the Samsung Smart TV, as we rarely camp where thy have strong Internet service. And didn't want the hassle I've read some people have had with them and slow Internet connections.
Some of the specs:
1080p
3 HDMI
2 USB
VGA
Headphone Jack
Audio Output
Must have a better built in receiver too, I did a channel scan and picked up a whopping 45 channels, where the previous set found less than 25.

BTW, they caught the dirtbag while executing a warrant on different charges. He had over $1 million worth of stole property at his place, including 3 class As, several cars and trucks, including a beer truck which was full of beer! All recently stolen from local storage lots. Although I didn't get my TVs back, it's good to know justice will be served.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:37 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

4kids2dogs&RV,

Your right, an smart tv in an rv park is pretty much useless unless you bring your own ISP connection and than your limited by your subscription. The campgrounds ISP's can throttle you back on your speed and limit your data. To stream you're talking 3-4 GB per movie or a couple hours of TV in high def.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:15 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
BTW, they caught the dirtbag while executing a warrant on different charges. He had over $1 million worth of stole property at his place, including 3 class As, several cars and trucks, including a beer truck which was full of beer! All recently stolen from local storage lots. Although I didn't get my TVs back, it's good to know justice will be served.
Yea!

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote