Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Roadside Assistance Program

We have used AAA and Good Sam roadside assistance programs. Has anyone used another program? We want a program that will cover our camper, tow vehicle and personal cars. Thanks and HAPPY CAMPING!!
Old 03-18-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

coach net is the only other one I'm aware of. I don't know much about it. I think good sam will cover both.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

EasyCare is another. We have an extended warranty w/ these folks and they provide full service assistance for all vehicles.
Allison Transmission
Fatboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I'm pretty sure Good Sam will cover all of those. We bought the Good Sam insurance for our trailer only but I remember the rep asking me about our personal vehicles too. I think Good Sam is part of National General Insurance (or something like that).
Propride 3P, Airlift 1000
MidOhioHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:54 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Last year I did a fair amount of research on this. I found some others on another site that pointed out that AAA may not have the coverage you need in all areas of the US. At least not in the way we are use to near major metro areas. I found out that my insurance company offered a plan for all our vehicles, specifically listing the RV for tow service, tire service, etc. As long as it was within 200 yards of a maintained road. It was only a few bucks more a month. So I went with that. I have found AAA to sometimes be a bit of a pain as it can take a very long time, sometimes hours or even a fulll day to get service. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:12 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

AAA does not have RV service everywhere. We were on the road and had a blow out. My wife was nervous and called them while I was working on the tire. They told her we do not have coverage in that area. When we were back home I called them and they stated some States don't offer RV road side assistance. In those cases you pay for it up front then submit your bill for reimbursement.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:24 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

I was a CAA member for 30 years and last year I changed to Good Sam Platinum+ Roadside Assistance. More coverage - covers all my family's vehicles (3) and our RV. CAA couldn't cover the RV and they wanted more for the coverage for 2 of our vehicles than I pay now for 3 vehicles and the RV. My Ford Roadside Assistance covered towing my truck and trailer while I still had the 60,000 mile warranty but that ran out at the end of 2012. And I had to use it in 2012 and Ford towed my truck and trailer and paid for secure storage of my trailer while we had a NOX sensor replaced in Indianapolis. Haven't had to use my Good Sam yet but I am confident of the coverage if I need it.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:33 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

We have had Good Sam for several years and used them twice with good results both times. All vehicles are covered including RV.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:58 AM   #9
Site Team

You guys that have Good Sam on all your units.
Do you have just, road side assistance, or do you full coverage?
Comp. coll. liability uninsured etc etc?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:08 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

I just have roadside assistance. I have a separate full package on my trailer through insurer for liability, glass, comprehensive, vandalism, etc. for about $150 per year. I don't think Good Sam offers the full insurance in Canada.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:13 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

I have the Good Sam Insurance Plan on all of my vehicles. It is administered by the National General Assurance Company (formerly GMAC) and does not include road side assistance so I have the Good Sam Road Side Assistance program for this. I recently filed a claim for damage done to my trailer due to a tire blowout. The claim process was easy and the Adjuster was very easy to work with.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:17 AM   #12
Site Team

WOW!
If you are getting full coverage on your RV for $150 a year, that is a heck of a good price.
I've had Progressive ever sense I bought the trailer. This year they have raised the premium to $390 per year. Consequently I have been shopping for another insurer.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:20 AM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gball View Post
I have the Good Sam Insurance Plan on all of my vehicles. It is administered by the National General Assurance Company (formerly GMAC) and does not include road side assistance so I have the Good Sam Road Side Assistance program for this. I recently filed a claim for damage done to my trailer due to a tire blowout. The claim process was easy and the Adjuster was very easy to work with.

George, do you mean, you have "full" coverage on all your vehicles thru Good Sam?
Old 03-19-2014, 08:32 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

We also have only Roadside Assistance.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:53 AM   #15
Full Time Camper

I have Roadside through Good Sam. Had to use it once and had a good experience. Two cars a TV and camper are all covered.

I also insure my 5er through Good Sam accident insurance.. It is cheaper than putting it on the policy with my motorized vehicles, and I can put it in storage (meaning off the road) and pay even less. The thing I like the most is if for any reason my 5er is totaled within the first five years of being new, it will be replaced with a brand new unit.
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:40 AM   #16
Full Time Camper

Bad experiences with AAA, yet we keep renewing. slow learner i guess. I was stuck for 3 hours with a trailer blow-out just outside Charlotte NC. Nightmare. Waited and waited...finally grabbed the truck scissor jack and changed the tire myself in the 100+ degree heat. Of course we had to let the dog out to do his business..of which he found some rotten food on side of the road..and subsequent threw up on my 2 month old F150 later down the road. Can't make this stuff up folks!

AAA never showed up or called. Complained to local office when we got home and got the following year membership for free.

Learned a valuable lesson.. AAA is only as good as the local membership garages. There is zero vendor management by AAA. period.

We bought our trailer from a dealership that offered XtraRide coverage. I attached the brochure if anyone wants to check it out and/or critique the coverage.

Did the research and had two separate dealerships who offer difference service packages tell me to go with my dealerships package for what they were charging. They couldn't touch the price.

I've not used it yet (either warranty service or towing) but from the research I did, they're reputable and good at clearing up trailer issues.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf xtraRide.pdf (839.2 KB, 9 views)

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:40 AM   #17
Full Time Camper

Just switched to good sam roadside asistance plus. For a family of 4 all driving it is alot cheaper than AAA. AAA charges per driver, Good Sam is one price for all and it covers any vehicle registered to you no matter who is driving and any vehicle you drive no matter who ownes it (rental Cars). they will also send out 2 tow trucks everytime if needed, one for your vehicle and one for your RV.

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:48 PM   #18
Full Time Camper

We have Good Sam Roadside Assistance that cover 5th wheel TV and my family three cars. Sorry to say my kids (Young Adults) use it way to much! But it works as advertised. Good deal!
Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:14 PM   #19
Full Time Camper

Lloyd:

Yes, I have full coverage on all of my vehicles through Good Sam.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:21 PM   #20
Full Time Camper

I have the extra ride policy on my TT. Have not had to use it. I too, have had AAA for many many years. Thinking about getting Good Sam for roadside assistance. I did switch to Gieco from Progressive. We have three vehicles plus the TT. Gieco for full coverage on the TT is around $250 forget exact figure, but money saved on the other three vehicles is like getting the coverage on the TT for free. Covers complete replacement for a brand new TT for five years, then is prorated but forget exact details without looking at policy.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote