Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2011, 01:50 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I think the front part of my rubber roof is inflating while I'm driving. I've seen this a few times on other RV's I've met on the highway. I only see it on mine when I follow a stainless steel tanker or another RV with a reflective rear window. Once I pulled over and got out in time to see it deflate. I have suspicious wrinkles in the roof along the edge where it attaches like it's being pulled. Every thing looks ok up top other than the rubber is wrinkled. No leaks. Any ideas on how to fix this?

whereRwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:25 AM   #2
Site Team

Sounds like the membrane is loose up there in front where it meets the front cap. Maybe this link will give you some help.
http://www.crossroadsrv.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2249&KW=eterna+bond+size&a mp;PN=1

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:22 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Worst case would be do it your self or have some one reglue the front again.I'm sure there is a way without removing the front cap. I would think glue may be injected thru the rubber in several places or removeing the union between the cap and the roof.I wouldn't wait until it pulled out enough to blow up and rip. I would think a good repair RV shop that does roofs could help you.Camping world does roofs.Good luck

2009 Cruiser 29RK
FB1965 is offline   Reply With Quote