Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2015, 08:07 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Roof Repair Recommendations

Purchased an 04 CT30RL Cruiser about 2 weeks ago. Finally got to clean off the roof really good and found some issues. Don't think I have any leaks but I do have a couple of small bubbles and one spot 20 sq inches where I have the black membrane completely exposed. All the coating is gone. It's very close to the a/c. The rest of the coating seems like it is in fairly good shape. The previous owner said he did recoat the roof a few years ago. Not sure exactly what he did. Saw a few methods on the internet. Was wondering if any DIYers out their had any recommendations. And should I just repair the spots or do the whole roof?
matherne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:07 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Forgot to mention it's an Alpha EPDM Royal Roof.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:33 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

he probably recoated it with a paint-on white Epdm type of rubber. Looks decent but doesn't last long. On a 04 I would guess the rubber EPDM is past it's prime and I would look into just having a new roof put on.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:31 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

I just spoke to Alpha Systems. I was going to order the primer and top coat to redo it. I spoke with Monica who advised me that they do not recommend recoating it until almost the entire roof is black. Some people never recoat it they just condition it to keep it from drying out.