Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
Daz
New Camper

I have a 2006 Zinger 30BH, that 20 minutes or so during a rain storm water starts to leak in fron under the vanity.Water is coming inwhere the floor meets the wall. Water is getting into the wall from the side or from the roof, it seems to have to travel a bit due to the time it takes to show up. Has anyone had experience with this problem and where did you find the water getting into the trailer, through the roof or exterior wall?We have checked around the outside shower attacment, domestic water connection and around the door that the power cord is stored. All these area are dry during the rain event, my gut feeling is its coming in from theroof area but cannot find a problem up there.

The dealership has been to my trailer 4 times trying diffrent things with no luck. I m tuning to the Zinger population for help. Thanks for any input you can give me.

Darrell
Daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

If your dealer could not find the problem it sounds like you are going to have to investigate yourself. I had a problem similiar to yours that could not be found but leaked when the rain was especially heavy. What I ended up doing was to set a sprinkler next to the rig and allowed the water to hit the rig up the side wall about 1 foot above the frame. After a bit I would check inside for a leak. If there is none, adjust the sprinkler up the wall another foot or so. Wait and look for the leak again. Keep doing this until you get to the roof. If there is no leak then spray water or set a small sprinkler ON the roof at different areas. This process is slow but may help isolate an area of probability.

Just for your info my leak was about 2' from the roof line. I believe you have aluminum panel siding which is what I had. Water was leaking in at the horizontal seam of two panels. I hope my suggestion is understandable. Good Luck.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:46 PM   #3
Daz
New Camper

Hello Stan and Terri

Thank you for your response, I like your suggestion and yes I have the type of siding you are talking about. I have looked at those seems and wondered. I am going to run some clear caulking along the seams. This has been very frustrating for myself and my wife, you have given me some hope and i will try it. Will let you know if it works. Still open to other suggestions out there.

Thanks

Darrell
Old 05-14-2009, 02:56 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Do you have a window nearby? Check any windows within a 4' span of the leak your seeing inside. Also, is it near a slide? The slide seals may be wicking water and allowing water to run inside the coach to the floor level and it's traveling outward.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:09 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to KHUNLINDA2003
Have you considered going to camping world and getting the pressurized leak test? Â*When we get back to Minnesota we are planning to have that done even though we don't see a water problem, we just want to have it done to be proactive and get whatever maintenance that is needed. Â*Has anybody had the pressurized test done?
KHUNLINDA2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:50 AM   #6
Daz
New Camper

There are no window(s) nearby not even close but there is a slideout next to it. the dealership did check the seals on the slide out. BUT glad you mentioned it because the slide out is closed right now and it has just started to rain again as i am typing this and will rain into the night. I am going up to my site for the weekend tomorrow night. It will be interesting to see if the floor is wet. Another great suggestion.

Thank you

Darrell

PS week end camper, noI havent thought about Campers World,I didnt know they did that test. Thats an option if the other good suggestions here fail. Thanks
Old 05-14-2009, 07:21 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
If you find no water then I would be very suspect of the slideout area. Alot of leaks people have start at a window or slide opening.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:12 PM   #8
Daz
New Camper

The final chapter (I hope) Well after giving the dealership five trys at finding the leak, I decided to get up on the roof with a tube of caulking. I took the advice of the fine folks that took time to respond to my post. I tried and checked all the areas that you talked about but found none of them to be the problem. SO what did I find? well I dont really know... I got on the roof and found the skylight over the bathroom had a hood installed over it. when I got my head down to roof levelI found the bracket that holds the hood when installed wasnt caulked at the brackets the rest of the skylight was, so I caulked all around the brakets. BUT where I think the water was coming in was the gutterthe same gutter made to run the water off. When it rained I found the gutter carrying alot of water from the roof. When looking at it, I found that there was a rubber bead that ran the length of the gutter and I believe it is installed as a weather stripping that covers the screw that secure the gutter to the side of the trailer. My guess is that rain water was backing up under the weather strip then leaking around the screw.what irritates me is the first time the dealership came outI question him about the gutter and he said he would look at it. Well the water has stopped and I am a happy camper now. Thanks toall that took the time to help me out on here.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:45 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

my trailer leaked like that. my dealer could not figure it out so crossroads towed my trailer 2200 miles roun d trip. what they found was that three of the screws that hold the roof down were broke 1 was missing and two were loose. they changed the top piece of siding and made all repairs. very nice people to deal with. oh yeah...welcome to the forum and keep us posted on your roof repair.

-ed

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote