Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2018, 12:13 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Rv dealerships

I own a 2015 Crossroads Elevation Las Vegas. My wife wants me to put in the three season Patio Door on the back garage door. Ours came with a screen not the door. I talked to lippert and they will not sell me the door, i have to go through the dealer. I tried to get Crossroads to install them when the trailer was at the factory for repair and they would not. I tried to get my dealer to install them and they would not. So my wife said why don't you just build your own. Before I resort to that I stopped at Holiday World to see if they would just order the doors from Lippert for me to install. The very rude parts clerk told me that they could not sell me anything for a model of RV that they did not sell on there lot, so even if it is a universal Lippert part they would not sell it to me because they don't cary Crossroads Rv. I reminded her that Crossroads is owned by Keystone and that they do carry Keystone products. her answer was no, does not matter we don't carry Crossroads. So now I am back to square one and will have to build my own if I want the 3 season Patio door. It is not only a pain to keep this RV in one piece and Functional, I can not even buy an upgrade. Any one know where I can get a patio door for a toyhauler. I have sworn never to set foot in a Holiday World ever again.
E Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 06:13 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Sorry, I can't help but I feel your pain. For every stellar dealer/repair shop there are a dozen or more ranging from sorry to downright criminal. You might try an aluminum company or mobile home supply for parts. I know our local aluminum place installs 4 season rooms on decks or patios with insulated doors and windows, and claim they can custom fit most anything.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:22 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

My advice is to sell the elevation as soon as you can. I owned one of the first that came to Texas. It was the worst rv I have ever owned.
The is a very good reason that multiple crossroads dealerships dropped the elevations from their lots.
They are junk, the one I had was in the shop for 8 out of the first 12 months I owned it, and that was just to fix warranty problems.
After 2 years I sold it at a loss and was happy to see it go.
I would not try to add a door where there is not one now. Especially in the garage area, the flex in the rear area is way more than normal.
My advice is to leave it alone
Jmho

2011 Chevy Siverado 2500w/Duramax Diesel

2013 Elevation 3612
stevenrees is offline   Reply With Quote