Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2009, 04:37 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

I am going to purchase a Crossroads Cruiser 5th wheel and am seriously considering making the long drive from Texas to Ohio. I will give all Crossroads dealers within a 500 mile radius a shot at matching the price but I honestly doubt they will get close.

My question is: have any of you had recent experience with RV Wholesalers and if so, how was the buying experience? Who was your sales rep?

I really wanted the 29RK but it's going to be difficult to pass up the features of the Patriot edition so guess I'll settle for a 28RL.

Jerry

pulpwood007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:17 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

What part of Texas are you in?
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:19 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter11
What part of Texas are you in?
Longview, TX.

Closest dealer is in Athens and I know he's not gonna deal. Also, I know more about Cruisers than he does (which is not saying much).

Jerry

Old 01-26-2009, 09:24 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

We purchased from RVWholesalers, and have been nothing but pleased. My Dad lives in Mineola, and I take the Amtrak down through Longview every 3 months.
ccsabathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:37 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

We are in the Austin area and there are a couple down here that may get close enough to RVW to not have to make the trip but I am not sure. Sunbelt RV in Belton use to be good to deal with and we bought our old Cruiser through Texan RV out of Katy. I would build what you want from the Crossroads web site and fax or email it to several dealers within 300 to 500 miles from you and see what kind of offers you get. I would be up front with them and let them know you are looking at RVW but would be willing to buy local if someone would make it worth your while not to make the trip North.

If you do happen to get a trailer by Mid March I hope you can join us for the Texas Rally at Whispering Pines just down the road from you. Let us know how it works out for you.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:21 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Thanks Hunter,

I spoke with a guy at Sunbelt this week. They have a 28RL Patriot in stock and I plan to drive down and take a look. I would however prefer to order a new one and doubt that I would have it by March.

Yes, I would definitely be upfront from the start, and just send them RV Wholesalers offer! It's all about cost and I'm not concerned with warranty, service, etc, etc. Also, I will have to consider my cost in going to pick up the trailer in Ohio. But on the other hand, my wife and I would treat it as a fun trip, so no big deal.

I'm really trying to find if anyone's had issues With RVW. I could really get bent out of shape to drive that far and find I'm not getting the exact trailer I want. I will not compromise.

Thanks for the input,

Jerry

Old 01-26-2009, 10:41 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Unless my mind has stripped what few gears it has left, I "think" I recall Denny Lease having an incident with them. My CRS may be working overtime though, so if I am wrong, please disreguard this post.

2006 Dodge 5.9L CTD

2007 HitchHiker II LS 29.5 FKTG

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...G_0955-1-1.jpg
markbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Go over to http://www.rv.net/and do a search on RVW and you will get alot of good reading. I think the majority of folks have had a good experience with them. And I do agree, I would hate to drive over 1000 miles only to find out the deal and trailer were not as expected. I guess that is a risk you take buying something that far away. There are a lot of people here that have bought from them that should chime in and give you some good responses.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:05 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

I think Don bought his there. But I have not seen him on the new forum yet

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:35 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter11
Go over to http://www.rv.net/and do a search on RVW and you will get alot of good reading. I think the majority of folks have had a good experience with them. And I do agree, I would hate to drive over 1000 miles only to find out the deal and trailer were not as expected. I guess that is a risk you take buying something that far away. There are a lot of people here that have bought from them that should chime in and give you some good responses.
Yes, I've read them. I did post the question a few days ago to get a "current" view of RVW and so far the answers look promising. Also, key is to get the right sales rep.

One thing about going with the patriot package is everything in the way of standards and options is the same on each unit. Only thing that can be selected is interior color. Not a lot they can mess up. (can't believe I just said that).

Old 01-26-2009, 11:02 PM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Almost bought Ours there. Dealer in our area came through with a price very close to RVWs so bought local.

02 F250 PSD

07 Cruiser: CF29RK

You CAN get there from here it just takes longer https://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/100_1893.jpg
riverotter55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

I had good results with Sunbelt RV in '04. Â*The prices they had on units in stock were very competitive. Â*Yet they had not problem ordering the unit I wanted and we agreed on a price that was competitive with RVW. Â*I didn't quote the RVW price, I just told them what price I thought was right. Â*They went above and beyond on helping me sell my old unit. Â*I have also ordered parts thru them and had the items shipped directly to my house rather than drive 200 miles round-trip. Â*Hopefully this helps you with as many alternatives as possible.Â*

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:55 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
I have bought 1 cover, a hitch and a brake controller from their parts department. When shopping Crossroads they had a left over 2008 31SB. We used their price to our advantage at our local dealer who gave us a great trade in value and custom ordered the specific unit we wanted which was a 2009 model.

I would have bought from RVW had we not reached a price agreement. They always responded quickly to my questions/concerns and I would shop them again next time.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:23 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

I purchased from them as I couldn't get a decent reponse or pricefrom local dealers. My experience was pretty good overall. It was pouring down rain the entire time I was doing my PDI which hampered my exterior inspection. They get you in and out of there pretty quick but they didn't try to rush me. The price they give you is pretty firm but they willthrow in some accessories. I asked for the JT Strong Arm stablizers, vent covers and full propane tanks.

I have not had to deal with RVW directly with problems with the camper. Any issues I've had I've dealt directly with Crossroads.

Edited by: jgerni

2006 GMC 2500HD CC D/A LBZ

Sold 2002 Chevy 2500HD CC 8.1 3.73

B&W Turnover Ball Hitch with Companion
jgerni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:05 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

I bought from them. I was not please with the warranty claims guy they had but they let him go. The new woman there was SO RESPONSIVE, I was shocked. Once I got started with her, the service was wonderful. I would buy there again. My sales rep was Mitch.

Once again, try local. I did and no-one in Canada would budge. This was right at the height of the Canadian dollar overtaking the US dollar and I did incredibly well with the exchange. Between that and the low cost from RVW, I got the bargain of a lifetime - shoulda bought two and sold one.

RVWholesalers has my recommendation.

Fiddich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:02 AM   #16
Weekend Camper

Yes, we bought with Mitch, too. He was so terrific, he even came out to our campsite at Indian Lake to see if we had any more questions. (over a beer of course)
ccsabathia is offline   Reply With Quote