Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2016, 02:07 PM   #1
New Camper

RV Window molding / glazing

I bought a 2011 Zinger 5th wheel about 2 years ago. I didn't notice at the time that there was a small piece of rubber glazing missing at the top of the rear picture window. After experiencing minor dampness on the carpet below the window on extremely rainy days, I discovered the missing piece of glazing.

Replacing the glazing looks pretty straight-forward, but I cannot find a source from which to buy the glazing. I've tried the major RV dealers in the Denver area, I've checked with the dealers who are listed as Crossroads dealers and I've called Crossroads customer service, but so far no one can point me to a source to find the glazing that I need. I have checked Pelland's offerings, Interstate RV, Hehr and All-Rite but none of them show the type of glazing that is on my window.

Can someone suggest another source or another approach to locating the glazing I need? I would have thought that Crossroads customer support could find some one for me, but all they wanted to do was point me to an RV dealer in Elkhart.

Thanks in advance for any insights you can provide.
bbobjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:09 PM   #2
Site Team

Do you mean caulking? Is that what you are calling glazing?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:13 PM   #3
New Camper

The parts catalogs that I've looked at calls it rubber glazing. It is the molded rubber "gasket" between the glass and the window frame.

Here is a website that lists lots of different rubber glazing products for sale, but I can't find the one that fits the one that is on my trailer -

- Pelland Enterprises
Old 08-15-2016, 03:35 PM   #4
Site Team

Do you have an example you can take a picture of? Is there any name imprinted on the window?
Here is a list of glazing and gaskets that may help you. Window Gaskets
http://www.uni-grip.com/dealer_catalog.pdf
If not, search for window gasket on google.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:56 PM   #5
Gone Traveling

Might try your local glass company.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:41 PM   #6
New Camper

Thanks for replies and the links. I have spent quite a bit of time googling gaskets, moldings, glazings etc and though there are plenty of sites out there selling a variety of those things, I have not yet found one that sells the exact profiles that my windows require. I don't see any manufacturer's name on the window in question. My understanding is that there will be a manufacturer's sticker on the inside of the window frame, but I would need to pull it out to find that. I'm not prepared to do that just yet.

I've attached a pdf that shows the profiles and approximate dimensions of the glazes that are currently on my rear window.

Thanks again
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Zinger Glazes.pdf (393.5 KB, 23 views)
Old 08-16-2016, 10:16 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

You might want to try and contact this manufacture https://www.cleervision.com/ or this one Kinro: Industry leader in Recreational Vehicle and Manfactured Housing doors and windows.. They make a lot of the windows in this area for the rv manufacturers.

Phil & Janine
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Short Bed 2500HD Cummins
2014 Cruiser 333RL
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:22 AM   #8
New Camper

Thanks for the suggestions. Cleervision does have some interesting rubber glazing parts, but none that fit my profiles. I will check into Kinro. Right now I'm being helped by Jennifer at tiararvsales.com , an RV store in Elkhart, IN. See is being very helpful and thinks she can locate the right glazings for me. I will post again with details if she is successful.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:30 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Our service man said that rubber is bad about shrinking with age. I just got some black automotive RTV and filled the void.

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glazing, molding, window