Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2010, 12:01 AM   #1
New Camper

Currently have 2011 cruiser with Haier tv in RE. After hooking satellite coax to "sat" on exterior hookup, we are unable to get the service inside. Our receiver is inside and hooked up from camper to "in" and then "out" to tv. The camper is supposed to be Satellite ready,

but we must be doing something wrong. We were successful with the satellite to a portable tv outside. Thanks for any suggestions.
cruiserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:49 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I would pull the wall plate off inside the camper where you have the cable running from the wall to the "IN" on the receiver. Check to make sure the connections are good and the cable is tight to the back of the wall plate. Then I would do the same thing on the outside where you connect the cable from the dish to the "SAT" connection on the outside of the camper. Hopefully it will be a loose connector. I just had a cable connector go bad between the inside wall plate and the "IN" connection on the back of the receiver. Go figure, that was the last thing I checked. It can be very frustrating.

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:36 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I wanted to make sure you know there are 2 connections for the TV. One from the ANT and one from the SAT that should be a direct line from the outside to the inside. There is a possibility I would guess that those were switch when the unit was built. This way you are hooking up to the ANT cable by mistake. Also In my unit there is no sat to the bedroom only to the entertainment area.

I could be wrong but that is how it is in mine.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:04 AM   #4
jeb
Family Vacation Member

Is there another connection for a cable which is unmarked, near the Sat/Cable connection? On my Paradise Pointe, there was a third coax connector which was actually for sat TV. The one which is marked as Sat TV didn't work. I don't know if CR still does this but it's worth looking at.

It seems the standard coax cable used for Cable TV and the antenna is not of the grade which can be used for Sat TV so they installed a completely separate coax for the sat.

Mine was not labled.

2008 Chevy 2500 with Duramax/Allison

1 wife

3 cats

and a family of racoons.
jeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:13 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

My Paradise Point has 2 connections in the living area, 1 is for the antenna andhas the button for the signal booster the other is for satellite. In the bedroom there is only one connection and that is for the antenna. I added an extra coax hook up under the bedroom slide and ran a cable to the bedroom to have 2 receivers. I don't always like watching sponge bob.

I also agree with George, it's possible they hooked up the cables backwards. Satellite on the outside is hooked up to the antenna wall plate on the inside.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:13 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Here is what we found onour 2010 Seville. Where all the controls are(drains etc)there are 3 coax jacks; Cable, Satellite and another with a rubber grommet over it. Plug your satellite coax into the cable jack, plug your main TV into the "Antenna" plug and make sure the Antenna amplifier is off (push button out). It took me and the dealer an hour to figure it out, I don't think these things are to well wired from the factory... It is easier to show than explain...
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:10 AM   #7
jeb
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian-nicola
Here is what we found onour 2010 Seville. Where all the controls are(drains etc)there are 3 coax jacks; Cable, Satellite and another with a rubber grommet over it. Plug your satellite coax into the cable jack, plug your main TV into the "Antenna" plug and make sure the Antenna amplifier is off (push button out). It took me and the dealer an hour to figure it out, I don't think these things are to well wired from the factory... It is easier to show than explain...
Brian - that's the same setup I have on the 'Pointe but I had to use the 3rd jack with the rubber cap for the satelite coax from the dish. The jack marked Sat won't work because the coax (from the jack to the TV jack) isn't proper for Sat.

Edited by: jeb

2008 Chevy 2500 with Duramax/Allison

1 wife

3 cats

and a family of racoons.
jeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:09 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

The jack with the rubber cap on ours only goes to the bedroom tv and into the non antenna jack....wierd. I looked at the owners manual and their schematic doesn't even show three inputs from the outside.
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:13 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

It sounds like this is your first time out with the trailer.We had a similar problem when we first got our CF30SK. It turned out that both the CATV and SAT cables were pulled out of their connectors at the outside connection points. This is a warranty issue for you as far as I'm concerned. It was for us and was repaired by Crossroads. Edited by: Hamops
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:48 AM   #10
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
The jack with the rubber cap on ours only goes to the bedroom tv and into the non antenna jack....wierd. I looked at the owners manual and their schematic doesn't even show three inputs from the outside.
Maybe that jack with the rubber cap that goes to the bedroom was intended for sat. use in the event you have a dual LNB and are going to use 2 receivers????
Edited by: scott
Old 09-02-2010, 01:45 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Quote:

My Kingston is the same, I have 2 Coax inputs, I cable and 1 unlabled, and then a SAT connector under a separate cover. Never took the time to Ohm it out, since I don't have SAT (yet...).Edited by: sheltieRV

2008.5ish Kingston KF30SB

2008 Chevy 3500 dually
sheltieRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:34 AM   #12
Seasonal Camper

may be simpler than it seems I hooked our Haier TV up to cable in Mississippi once and forgot I changed the tv setting from air to cable and couldn't get the channel search to work the next time I tried simply because of the internal setting on the tv check your manual first before tearing everything apart

2019 Volante 240RL
mapachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:00 PM   #13
Family Vacation Member

Another 2 cents on this did you plug the sat cable to the "Sat" jack on the outside(I didn't know at first that there were 2 plugs outside) and not he "Cable".

2006 GMC Duramax-Edge Evolution

2011 CT29RLX

Bikes,Canoe,toys,toys,toyz
we-canoe is offline   Reply With Quote