Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

All you pet owners. I need some ideas on how to protect the lower part of the door that has the screen. Im trying to protect it from my dogs nails. Craig
Old 04-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

DH took a regular sized aluminium screen door protector and cut it down to fit the 5er door. Secured on the inside with aluminium screws. Does the job, price was right.
Carole
w&cferb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:21 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

i installed a piece of plexiglas on the inside of the door, over the lower screen. Keeps the cat and grandkids from damaging the screen. I also have removeable plexiglas on the upper screen so we can keep the main door open in cool weather.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:36 PM   #4

As a pet owner of three poodles, I can relate to the problem with the screen door. Measure the inside screen area you want protected. Go to a Lowes Hardware store and have them cut a piece of plexiglass. Plexiglass is a 1/8 thick flexable plastic that looks like glass. Also purchase some aluminum screws that are long enough to hold the plexiglass to the door; but make sure their not to long to go all the way through the other side.Use a small drill bit and predrill holes for the screws in the plexiglass. Don't try to put the srews through the plexiglass without predrilling the holes or you will crack the plexiglass. Screw the plexiglass to the door from the inside making sure you don't over tighten them or you will crack the plexiglass. . You can still see through the door and the dogs won't damage the screen. See my picture of my door that I did. Hope this helps. Deputydog

Edited by: Deputydog