Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2012, 05:00 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to jpaul1218

I purchased a 2012 31SB back onMay 8th. Since then, the trailer has had several minor, and a couple of major warranty repairs, such as a dent formed in the siding due to a lose frame, black water tank leaking, slide out deforming siding on main slide, outside kitchen door hinge bending, etc... My question is, since I've purchased the trailer, almost 5 moths ago, it has sat at camping world in Lakehurst NJ, my closest repair facility (90 miles) over 2 months awainting either parts or apporval. It sat half for half of June and July, and again all of September. I picked the unit up after the first month without all of the work being completed, and have now waited another month awaiting parts, ordered since May. Is this normal for Cross Roads?
jpaul1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:08 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Lately it has been normal for them. Seems to be a lot of these quality/dealer issues popping up on the forum lately.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:33 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

It helps burn up their warrenty so a year is only 4 months of use.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:19 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I have had similar problems - look at my posts under Cruiser products. Our rig has been at the Syracuse Camping World since 9/10 and the repairs have not been authorized.

I have been working with Bill Stout of CrossRoads RV and I thought the repairs were approved and were being "processed".

I decided this afternoon that I would send an email to the presidents of Camping World and CrossRoads and ask for their support.

I received a reply from the Camping World president within 40 minutes and he directed one of his employees to help with our issue.

I did not receive a reply from the CrossRoads president but I did receive multiple replies from the CrossRoads RV rep. that I have been working with. The hold up appears ot be on the dealer end.

Not sure how CrossRoads is going to provide the support for their new warranty program (we have the 2/5 year warranty on our rig - will see how that goes in year 2) - they have to deal with allot of RV dealers that will hinder their progress.

Edited by: NorskeNY

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:50 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Guess that new 12 Point Promise isn't quite ready for "Prime Time" yet. Wish you luck Bob, I know you have had a lot of issues.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:59 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Seems normal as of late. Sadly, the warranty period is shrinking and so is the focus on QC and putting out a product that's built correctly the first time. I would call Crossroads directly.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Seems to me that any company can get the parts and/or approval in under 30 days (orcertainly should be able to)...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Well, I'm sorry to say, this problem appears to not just be a "Me" issue. I had hoped for much better from Cross Roads when I bought the trailer, but I now look to the worst anytime I have to have work done. My list of quality control issue's is long, just as long as my wait time to get em fixed. I don't think I want to keep this around long and test it's durability, since at a year old, it's already starting to come apart. I contacted the young lady I've been dealing with begging her for some help (lisa bontgarten), but I doubt I'll here back.
Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Quality on my 2011 Cruiser is worse than on my old 2004 Cruiser which is a disappointment. However, I would have to rate the warranty work as GOOD. First time back to the dealer I had a list of probably 6 items, but one major item and a limited amount of down time. I communicated with the dealer and CR. CR got Lippert involved and then the dealer and Lippert completed the major repair in a few days. Then we had to live in the Cruiser for 7 months and the water pump started leaking. I communicated with the dealer and CR and explained that taking the unit in was not an option. CR said get a mobile tech and send them a copy of the invoice, had a refund in a few weeks. More recently when we finally stopped living in the Cruiser, I put together a detailed list of about 10 items (some left over from previous visit) with pics and sent it to the dealer and CR. Four weeks later I took the Cruiser to the dealer and left it for almost 5 weeks (it was their busy season). Only one item was not fixed. Afterwards we took a 7 week, 2500 mile trip with no issues.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Crossroads came and got my camper 1 month ago to do repairs. Still not heard from them. This is the second time to the factory and it was a little over a month. Last year between the dealer and the factory they had it for 4 months ? on gas and still making payments on it when can not use it. My 08 Cruiser was 10 times better built than this 2012 335ss. Don't think will last out the payments. I have said 100 times wish had my 08 BACK!

2012 Cruiser CF335SS
cruzinfools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzinfools
Crossroads came and got my camper 1 month ago to do repairs. Still not heard from them. This is the second time to the factory and it was a little over a month. Last year between the dealer and the factory they had it for 4 months ? on gas and still making payments on it when can not use it. My 08 Cruiser was 10 times better built than this 2012 335ss. Don't think will last out the payments. I have said 100 times wish had my 08 BACK!

If I lived closer to the factory (about 600 miles for me) that is where mine would be - I would be camping out until it is fixed.

I would be asking for fuel and payment rebates.

I have to ask - who is your contact at CrossRoads? You may want to try this one.

CrossRoads RV presidentDon Emahiser

demahiser@crossroadsrv.com

Edited by: NorskeNY

Old 10-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

... or how about, rmishler@crossroadsrv.com -or- amiles@crossroadsrv.com -or- tmontague@crossroadsrv.com ...jus' sayn' , hope you find what you need and keep us posted, yeah?

Travel Well / Travel Safe ...

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:41 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

One thing I can not understand, these are all built in a 100 miler radius in Indiana, When it comes to the warranty most of all issues seeem to be vendor problems, now when they build these units the Ac microwave stoves furnaces stero's are slide motors ect ect are sitting there waitimg to go into a new unit. When they get a warrent request what is the major deal about ploacing a order for the item and having it delieverd and shipped to the dealer or customer. This of course does not help the problem where the dealer says they have ordered it and have not. That can never be solved except in the dealership it's self. No one manufacture can correct this because they all are owned buy independants, who seem to drop brands and pick up new brands at the drop of a hat. Now if it is a water leak or a slide adjustment that is another issue. A lot of it comes down to no tech trainimng at the dealership, unlike the car guys who spend thousand of dollars in traing
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:17 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

Interesting - looked at the web page and downloaded the brochure for the Sunset Trail - it still has the 2 year warranty on the last page.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:54 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

I guess I must have pretty good dealer.

I never had to wait for any kind of approval form CR before they worked or fixed mine.

And my TT has been there quite more often than I expected...water leak aroud the slide out. With a one year warranty I would have been screwed big time...might still be even after 2 years, we'll see....

The microwave stoped working a few weeks ago, I showed up at my dealer with the defective microwave and they gave me another one on the spot. They were all out but they took one from a new trailer sitting on their lot and told me they would replace it when they had some availalble for CR.

Total time for that one, 15 minutes.

I guess it depends a lot on the dealer.

Edited by: gadou
gadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #16
Weekend Camper

I've now emailed all of the suggested cross roads personnel tonight and hopefully will hear something back. I originally emailed Lisa Bontrager, but she has not replied, and to be honest, is not very good a returning emails. Thanks for the email address's.