Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2018, 08:10 AM   #21
Site Team

Not sure what we use but we dump - wash out - after were sure its a clean as it will be then we close the valve and she puts 3 bowls in and the chemical. It stays in till the next time we use it and the little bit of water in the tank does slosh around as you drive so it might help to keep tank cleaner.

On another note OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO AFFECTED BY THE HURRICANE.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:44 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtmsk View Post
Davis -- do you recall if it was illegal for people to dump things down their sewer cleanouts?
I am unaware of any ordinance against dumping in the county I worked for.

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2024: 2 trips, 26 nights in 8 states, 4801 miles
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 3904 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:26 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

So talking about municipal vs residential sewer system. When I built my house in 2001 I had the people installing the septic system to add a dump pipe 4” between the house and the septic tank. I have used this for 17 years to dump my black and grey tanks with no problems. So, I would think a municipal septic system would be a “drop in the toilet” compared to my house septic system.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:38 PM   #24
Weekend Camper

I have a similar setup, I actually park my camper right above the Sewer grinder pump and the sewer clean-out is next to the camper. On occasion I use that clean out pipe to dump out my black tank. In fact I spoke to the DPW guys in my town and they actually told me I COULD hook to it and dump out, one guys says he does it for his Camper all the time LOL
priest6479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:55 PM   #25
Seasonal Camper

The pipes you see are in fact part of the sewer system "lateral". Typically a 4" line, and will easily handle your dump "no pun intended". One is an actual clean out, the other is a vent. Either one you chose will end up in the same place.
Rrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:17 PM   #26
Weekend Camper

Your sewer department will tell you that you can’t dump water in the sewer that you didn’t purchase from them. I’ve done it, been caught, and still do it. Sewer bills are based on water consumption around here. If your holding take has foreign water ( not from your pipes) you are in essence dumping for free since you didn’t buy the water from your local water company. They would frown on that, but for 30 gallons they aren’t likely to figure it out.

The white pipes at your house are likely the 4” and 6” clean outs as required by code. Your code may be different allowing for different sizes or fewer clean outs.

2010 Zinger 31SB
tabrown2001 is offline   Reply With Quote