Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #21
Seasonal Camper

The sewer hose that comes with the trailer is cheap garbage and probably won't last the first year. With my previous trailer I went to pull the sewerhose out of the rear bumper after the first year and only rusted wire coil came out. When I got my Cruiser, I tossed the hose they supplied and boughtgood stuff fromValterra.Four+ years and no leaks. I have10' and 20' sections with Valterra connections and have used both lengths on some occassions.The only time I had a problem was at a state park where the sewer drain was up hill from the pad. Who ever designed that place never learned that **it never flows up hill. Get the best hose and best connections you can afford and carry extra. I actually have an extra 20' hose and connection piece still in thepackaging stashed in the storage area just in case... Doesn't take up much space but good peace of mind.. Edited by: shoetravel

2005 CF29RE 04 Ford F250 crew 6.0 P/stroke FX-4.

(pic coming soon!)
shoetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #22
Seasonal Camper

Fixit-Thanks for the pictures! I really like the screen door closure idea. I currently have a piece of pvc pipe with a threaded end cap mounted under the 5er that I store my sewe line in but it would not hold gutter so if I want to go that route I need to look at something like you have.

Thanks,

Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #23
Seasonal Camper

No problem Lonnie.

I have a round PVC pipe also with the screw on caps and it would not fit my sewer hose with the ends on it, or any of the other accessories. Thats why I looked for another way to store the hose and gear that goes along with it. I really like the fence post idea because of that reason, heck even my gloves are in there, the plug for the hole that the sewer end fits into, extension couplers, etc. There is alot more room than I thought there would be inside of the fence post.

Brian

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:07 AM   #24
Full Time Camper

I did the 5ins. fence post and I think it is the best stinky slinky mod you can do.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote