Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2016, 08:06 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Shower Clog

Hello again, thank you all for your help on my last issue but alas a new issue has arose. I have a Crossroads Elevation 3616 with a shower clog. I tried the plunger and it did not work, I tried using that little zip cleaner to dig into the drain to try and clear our hair or other debris and found nothing. I took a pair of needle nose pliers and thought I had found something, when I pulled it up it was this rubber/silicon material. I have a bad feeling I was not supposed to pull this out.

I have already tried dumping my dark water and grey water tanks. Both of which still read as full. I also have a 2nd grey water tank but was told it was not hooked up to anything. In the back where the garage is, there are hookups to be washer and dryer ready. I do not have anything hooked up. The drain that I am hooked currently hooked up to is near the front of the trailer. There is another drain in the back (assuming that is for the grey water for future washer and dryer)

There where 3 levers for my tanks left to right it was labeled 1. Grey Water 2. Dark Water 3 Grey Water.

I pulled the number 2 (Dark Water) and 3 (Grey Water) levers and heard them clear out and dump. I have yet to pull that first lever 1(Grey Water)

I guess I can try that next, would that then make sense that my shower runs off its own separate grey water tank?

This is a used unit and some side notes are that it was supposedly all cleaned out before delivery. I am rarely in the unit, maybe have taken 6 or 7 showers and used the bathroom less than 30 times (no solids)

There is standing water in the shower now (about 3 inches) and have yet to try the baking soda and white vinegar. Also, curious as what that silicon looking piece was that I took out of the drain. When I pulled it out and dropped it on the ground it folded up into a cylinder type shape.

Anyway any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Highlife88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:20 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I would say first thing to do is dump both gray water tanks...I have two gray water tanks in my CF305SKP Cruiser...One is for just kitchen waste water, the other is for gray water from bathroom sink and shower...Of course black or dark water is from toilet...Dump both gray tanks and see if the standing water in the shower goes down...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:17 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I agree with SleepyT above. With the freshwater capacity on this RV, seems strange that they would only have one grey water tank. Most likely bathroom shower and sink would go into Grey 1 and the kitchen into Grey 2. There's really only one way to test that -- empty both tanks and then, individually, turn on a single water source, let it run for a couple of minutes, then empty both grey tanks one at a time and see which one was holding the water. Repeat this process for all three grey water sources.

As for the plumbing issue, sometimes you just need to call a plumber. They can scope the interior lines and see if there are any obstructions, particularly residue left over from the assembly process.

HTH.

Our home base -- 2018 Grand Design Solitude 375RES -- The "Uno Mas!"
The mobile office -- 2016 Crossroads Hill Country HCT26RB -- The "Poquito Mas!"
Gone but not forgotten: 2015 Heartland Landmark 365 Key West (lost to Hurricane Harvey)
TxCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:17 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

I have pulled both levers on the grey tanks but not at the same time, about to try that now. My levers go 1 Grey (wont empty) 2 dark (empties fine) and 3 grey (empties fine)

I did find another lever underneath the trailer near the garage next to the the pipe that empties......pulled that with the grey 1 lever pulled and still nothing
Old 02-15-2016, 12:50 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

I have a 2014 Elevation 3616. I have 2 grey water pull rods and one blackwater pull rod in the water management compartment, and a valve under the garage on a different drain pipe. My 3616 has 3 grey water tanks. The two grey water levers in the water compartment empty the forward two tanks, one is for the shower/bath lavatory. The other is for the kitchen sink. The washer/dryer connection in the garage drains to the third grey water tank back aft and is emptied with the valve at the exterior drain. My shower was doing the exact same thing as you describe the first time I used it. It means the shower/bath grey water tank is full. Both grey water levers should be pulled to empty the forward tanks ( I only open one at at a time) and after draining the blackwater tank. I have not had the issue since. BTW, I have a washer dryer in the garage and I leave that valve open all the time.

2014 Elevation 3616 5er
2015 F350 6.7L Diesel 4X4 - long bed, dually
Jerry Pinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:02 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlife88 View Post
I have pulled both levers on the grey tanks but not at the same time, about to try that now. My levers go 1 Grey (wont empty) 2 dark (empties fine) and 3 grey (empties fine)

I did find another lever underneath the trailer near the garage next to the the pipe that empties......pulled that with the grey 1 lever pulled and still nothing
Do you feel any resistance when operating 1gray lever, perhaps it is not connected to the valve?
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:21 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Thanks Again

Well if I had just read Jerrys post I would have been fine instead I found out the hard way.....I assumed that my other grey tank was going to drain from the back so I uncapped my hose and fixed it to the back end and pulled the grey lever and....nothing. Found the lever in the back and pulled that and nothing. Thinking I had pushed the grey tank lever back in I unhooked from the back and went to the front. Pulled off the front cap and out came the tank all over the place lol. Well I know what to do now so thank you all again. On the bright side I didn't go out and buy another hose like I thought I was going to need.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:47 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Actually you were lucky it was the bathroom grey tank, that is probably the cleanest tank of them all, and NOT the black tank... So the standing water in your shower is now gone, correct...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:11 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

At least it was the gray tank...black one would have been a crappy situation!
Shortjac000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:25 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

All Set

Yea standing water is all gone. yea I was lucky it was not the black tank. I just out thought myself again thinking....now way all 3 tanks go to this first valve when I have 2 valves........Oh Well its good for now

I just hope that rubber piece I tore out of the drain does not cause me too much pain in the future
Old 02-17-2016, 08:34 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortjac000 View Post
At least it was the gray tank...black one would have been a crappy situation!
I see what you did there!
Old 02-17-2016, 02:53 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Yea standing water is all gone. yea I was lucky it was not the black tank. I just out thought myself again thinking....now way all 3 tanks go to this first valve when I have 2 valves........Oh Well its good for now

I just hope that rubber piece I tore out of the drain does not cause me too much pain in the future
Make sure you check good for leaks under the shower. It sounds like the seal from the abs pipe to the stainless drain on the shower
woodwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 06:42 AM   #13
Family Vacation Member

That rubber piece came from your "flat" drain airlock device. If you look in the overhead of your external storage compartment, just inside the door, you will see the flat airlock. It appears to be easy to replace if you need to.
Jerry Pinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 06:51 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

Quote:

You will need to replace that piece. It is a waterless trap and serves the same function as a P trap in a traditional setup, keeping sewer gasses and other funky smells from entering your camper.

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark water tank, drain clog, grey water tank, shower drain, shower drain clog